235/55/18 with 45mm springs

CoolEagle

Hi All,

A relative 'newbie' here....

Having bought my first (probably of many) T6.1 last year, and converted it to a camper (having sourced loads of great info from the forum) i've got a bit stuck in a tyre-sized wormhole over the past few weeks and would be really appreciative of a bit of advice..

Its your bulk standard 5 speed T28 2021 T6.1 with 205/65/r16 wheels which i want to replace with something a bit sportier - i've bought some really nice matte black Amarok Durban wheels which i've been told are a straight swap. I'm going to fit some Eibach 45mm lowering springs also but I'm stuck with choosing which tyre size - want to go for 235/55/r18 Cross Climate 2 (which people on here seem to rate) - but will they fit will they fit with the new springs? Willtheyfit seem to think thats only 5% out (which i actually think the speedo is out by anyway) but a chap i spoke to at a garage seemed to think that might knacker the diff??!

Any advice from anyone who has seen it/done it etc would be really helpful

Welcome. I really wouldn’t recommend using just lowering springs as it will give you a horrible crashy ride and poor handling. The standard shocks don’t cope with the lower ride height. My van came lowered like that unfortunately! Now sorted after a visit to CRS. As Cuffy says, I’d recommend giving Steve a call.

Welcome. I really wouldn’t recommend using just lowering springs as it will give you a horrible crashy ride and poor handling. The standard shocks don’t cope with the lower ride height. My van came lowered like that unfortunately! Now sorted after a visit to CRS. As Cuffy says, I’d recommend giving Steve a call.
@ginkster thanks, I've spoken to Steve, looks like a visit to the midlands is going to be the better option

I'm stuck with choosing which tyre size - want to go for 235/55/r18 Cross Climate 2 (which people on here seem to rate) - but will they fit will they fit with the new springs? Willtheyfit seem to think thats only 5% out (which i actually think the speedo is out by anyway) but a chap i spoke to at a garage seemed to think that might knacker the diff??!

Lots of us on here use 235/55/18, they're a good size for the T6. They won't knacker the diff, that's an old wives tale.

Back