2017 T6 Voice Activation Code

Andrew Sharp

Just bought our first T6 and are exploring the integrated media system. We noticed that the system has a button with "Voice" and the steering wheel also has a voice icon however when we press it a message comes up advising to seek a key from the dealer. Just wondering what the "Voice" button is and what it involves to activate it.

Not worth it, a long press of the button will activate CarPlay if you have it.

Voice control of the Sat nav and media system.

Had it on the previous van.. bit pants realy.

Never worked properly. Not worth spending the cash to unlock it.

As a newbe to the VW / T6 community I'm exploring our new T6 Kampa and the great forums on this site. I've noticed people talking about unlocking various systems built in and also changing the Km/h to mp/h on the centre digit display. Do i need a dealer to do this or is it something I can do.

As a newbe to the VW / T6 community I'm exploring our new T6 Kampa and the great forums on this site. I've noticed people talking about unlocking various systems built in and also changing the Km/h to mp/h on the centre digit display. Do i need a dealer to do this or is it something I can do.
Good shout id also like to know the answers.

No this something different, there are devices you can buy that allow you to connect to your van and adjust some basic programming

The cheap option is a device called Carista, costs about £15 and connects to van via a smartphone and lets you tweak many basic settings including the ones you mention above + reading and resetting of fault codes

The expensive option is a software lead called VCDS (formally known as vagcom) cost starts around £250 and coupled with a windows based laptop it can be used to perform all sorts of things like all the stuff above plus more complicated stuff like retrofitting components and viewing/logging live data from for eg the engine whilst driving to name a few

Back