20" And Issues At Dealers

hazlad24

Hi guys

Have to take me van in tomorrow for the app connect crap not working ever.

The only problem is I got 20" now and I know VW dont allow that so will they give me telling off for fitting them when its in for repair?

I know its obviously not related to app connect issue but cba with a telling to for fitting 20" to me brand new van.

cheers

Had my 20" wheels on since new, the dealer here in Ipswich even wanted pictures sent through to show his other customers after they were fitted 10 miles after picking up the van.
I'ts been in twice since for servicing and nothing has been said.
Now done 25,000 trouble free miles and still on the same tyres after 26 months ownership!

I think it's all down to the culture at the dealership. I've been told by Marshall at Oxford I can do anything except remap it or hack into the wires. Others on here have been told different from their dealers.

I think it's all down to the culture at the dealership. I've been told by Marshall at Oxford I can do anything except remap it or hack into the wires. Others on here have been told different from their dealers.
They are only over in Didcot near me but I have not used them, are they any good as the van has a recall on it needs doing and will save me going to the dealer I bought it from in Droitwitch

cheers putting my mind at rest
No worries, let us know what they say.

They are only over in Didcot near me but I have not used them, are they any good as the van has a recall on it needs doing and will save me going to the dealer I bought it from in Droitwitch

I got a good deal from them and found their sale guy Jake very helpful. I have had a few issues since collection - masking tape left on the roof and rear spoiler from fitting (really annoying as I paid extra for the paint protection), a torn blind, a broken cup holder and a couple of other bits but I'm happy so far with how they've offered to deal with this. However, I'm going to throw a spanner in the works as they want to do all the work themselves and I'm too far away to be going backwards and forwards so off to see if they'll post the bits I need to me...

I'm sure they only winge if your making a warranty claim and your alterations have effected the item in question.
I can't imagine the garage moaning at you for such a thing for no reason. They may advise you about possible legal infringement but can't take action.

The only problem is I got 20" now and I know VW dont allow that so will they give me telling off for fitting them when its in for repair?

I know its obviously not related to app connect issue but cba with a telling to for fitting 20" to me brand new van.

cheers

VW don't allow 20" alloy wheels...?!?

Is it your van or is it lease or contract hire?

Wheels, suspension, pop tops, interior fittings, exterior fittings etc. your van, then it's your business.

If you are the owner of the van then my advice would be don't worry.

Not quite sure how a dealer would 'tell you off' anyhow?!

VW don't allow 20" alloy wheels...?!?

Is it your van or is it lease or contract hire?

Wheels, suspension, pop tops, interior fittings, exterior fittings etc. your van, then it's your business.

If you are the owner of the van then my advice would be don't worry.

Not quite sure how a dealer would 'tell you off' anyhow?!
I was told that 20" were not suitable and would void my warranty plus my vehicle on pcp so handing back in 3 years

Back