20” Rims (40 profile) on Stance Ultras

pmblue57

Just bought a T32 with 20” rims (40) and stance ultras. Front tyres rub on inner arch every time I drive over a twig.
Went to adjust ride height only to find the front is a high as it can go.
What’s my best solution?

If the screw at 12 O'clock on the inner edge of the arch hasn't been removed, remove it and push the metal tab up as far as it will go. Some say push the liner behind the tab but my liner was already behind the tab. Solved my rubbing issues but different wheel size.

Guessing that’s going to make the ride worse. I’m hoping to get a comfortable ride after it’s sorted.
Ok, narrower. Shocks are the main contributor to comfort. If comfort is crap already then your suspension is wrong for you.
Also, clarify where it is rubbing.
Do you mean just inside arch on outside of tyre, or actually on the inner arch on inside of tyre ?

If the screw at 12 O'clock on the inner edge of the arch hasn't been removed, remove it and push the metal tab up as far as it will go. Some say push the liner behind the tab but my liner was already behind the tab. Solved my rubbing issues but different wheel size.
Not noticed to be honest but the wheels / tyres are almost level with the width of the vehicle so guessing it won’t make much of a difference.

Ok, narrower. Shocks are the main contributor to comfort. If comfort is crap already then your suspension is wrong for you.
Also, clarify where it is rubbing.
Do you mean just inside arch on outside of tyre, or actually on the inner arch on inside of tyre ?
Can’t tell. Need to remove wheels and have a good look.

I recently put the bilstein komfort on my T32 it’s on the lowest setting on front but I went from 275/40/20 to 25540 on ps5 104y rated tyres and no rubbing at all the ride is comfortable.

IMG_7528.jpeg

I recently put the bilstein komfort on my T32 it’s on the lowest setting on front but I went from 275/40/20 to 25540 on ps5 104y rated tyres and no rubbing at all the ride is comfortable.

View attachment 203760
That sounds like the perfect solution. I was looking at the Bilsteins, just didn’t want to commit to the expense only to find out It would sit too low like the Stance’s. Sounds like the key is changing the tyres. thanks.

Back