2 pin shaver socket to 12v cigarette lighter adapter?

Gus_T6_Bus

Hi,

I'm wanting to charge my electric toothbrush and electric shaver from 12v van electrics - has anyone done this? They each have 2 pin shaver socket heads which at home I plug into a 2 pin to 3 pin mans adapter. So in my brain what I need is as an adapter exists which accepts a male 2 pin shaver plug, and converts that to a 12v cigarette lighter adapter.

So basically this on one side:

1623231010891.png

This on the other:

1623231168444.png

I can't find any such thing, but I'm thing I can't be the first to want this so does it mean what I'm asking for is fundamentally impossible for reasons I don't understand?

Jon

What's the voltage input on your devices? If its only accepting mains voltage input then you would need an inverter.

How long you going to be in the van , they normally hold a charge for many days use?

Have a search on the Forum for toothbrush charging. I tried one, it was too slow IMO but others thought it was OK.
A decent electric toothbrush will last at least 2 weeks.
Same with shavers really, I use a Wahl beard trimmer / hair clipper and it needs charging about every 3 weeks.

What's the voltage input on your devices? If its only accepting mains voltage input then you would need an inverter.

How long you going to be in the van , they normally hold a charge for many days use?

Good point - just checked and 240v so as you its an inverter needed. I just just assumed 12v without checking. As you say, they do last a good long time, I just know myself and was going to try and save myself the inevitable getting caught short!

Thanks for the help!

Hi,

I'm wanting to charge my electric toothbrush and electric shaver from 12v van electrics - has anyone done this? They each have 2 pin shaver socket heads which at home I plug into a 2 pin to 3 pin mans adapter. So in my brain what I need is as an adapter exists which accepts a male 2 pin shaver plug, and converts that to a 12v cigarette lighter adapter.

View attachment 119021

This on the other:

View attachment 119022

I can't find any such thing, but I'm thing I can't be the first to want this so does it mean what I'm asking for is fundamentally impossible for reasons I don't understand?

Jon
Hi,

View attachment 119021

This on the other:

View attachment 119022

Jon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beikell-Ch...rds=12v+usb+toothbrush&qid=1623242611&sr=8-11

and oral B toothbrush

and this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Electric-T...ords=12v+usb+toothbrush&qid=1623242842&sr=8-5

Ah good shout - I hadn't considered via USB. I can imagine this might be pretty slow, but then again better than nothing!

Ah good shout - I hadn't considered via USB. I can imagine this might be pretty slow, but then again better than nothing!
depends on what USB socket you use some are regulated and even charge phones slowly like the ones in your dash board .

or get a E H U on a site and go main 240v power if your at summer camp you can borrow my manual tooth brush when your battery goes flat ha ha ha

Back