T5 Transfer case compatibility

matichile

Hello there!

I'm writing from Chile (South America), I own a 2013 T5.1 Caravelle 4Motion. While it's not a common vehicle over here -in fact was directly imported from an german diplomatic-, we still have a lot of VW transporters 2wd. I own this van from a little bit more than a year and absolutely love it.

The thing is I used to have some really hard wobble under the vehicle and were produced by the driveshaft mounts that were totally worn, no rubber left on them. I replaced and balanced every mount on the shafts and next thing, while doing a 2000km trip, fortunately on my way back, my rear differential broke off in the middle of the road. Something just exploded inside of the case destroying everything inside. I just heard some noises like it's trying to lock the differential at 120km/h and it just exploded.

I replaced my rear differential but now we notice the transfer/front differential it's not working. After disassemble it we noticed every tooth is broken (pic attached).

My original part number is 09N409053B, but I couldn't be able to find any spare part with this number. Newer VW T6 transfer has 09N409053G code, I found some of them at really nice price and practically brand new, but I don't know about the compatibility of this spares, or another ones with similar codes (09N409053A, 09N409053C, 09N409053D)

I couldn't find any info about this on internet, so I would really really appreciate if someone has any software to check the compatibility

May they have any different gear ratios? Or output diameters?

The vin number of my vehicle is WV2ZZZ7HZDH116238

Thanks in advance!

Transfer - desarme.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-24 at 12.05.05 PM.jpeg

My original part number is 09N409053B, but I couldn't be able to find any spare part with this number. Newer VW T6 transfer has 09N409053G code,
Manual or DSG? What engine?

Anyways, the site
suggests the final drive gearbox is the same on all 4Motion Transporters 2011-2019 - however different for manual or DSG transmissions for obvious reasons.
Current part numbers:
Manual: 09N 409 053 D​
DSG: 09N 409 053 E​

Unfortunately can't trace the part numbers (A, B, C) backwards

According to the site the 09N 409 053 G is for T6.1 DSG 4Motion thus suggesting not being compatible any more.

Hi mate, thanks!
I finally found it cheaper in Madrid, Spain (09N409053E Code). I will do a trip in order to take it back to my Country.

Thank you so much for your help!

Reactions: mmi
Back