Sold 18" Duchy Banded Amaroks with Bridgestone tyres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
As the van is up for sale Im selling these wheels separately.

18" Amarok steel wheels banded by Duchy Banded at 8.5" front and 9" rear.

Wheels have been ceramic coated from new (before tyres were fitted.)

Powder coated in chrome. Will come with the VW centre caps.

Tyres are Bridgestone Weather Control A005 and all have just over 6mm tread depth. 235/50R18 101V

£1300 collected from Manchester.

Screenshot 2020-11-01 at 11.45.27.pngScreenshot 2020-11-01 at 11.45.42.png

Last edited:
I'm shocked these are still for sale. They normally get snapped up in less than 24hrs. I'm sure there was some mention recently about someone on the Duchy waiting list, maybe this is a much easier and quicker way to own a set of these amazing wheels, with the bonus of winter rubber already fitted.

Me too. Wish i didn't already have a set of (unused!) winter wheels

Found a better one showing the passenger side. I've just noticed I take more pics of the other side for some reason.

Possibly because o/s has no slider so looks a bit cleaner

Last edited:
Maybe people are being a bit savvy with another lock down due?!

I’m sure I remember reading something about your tyre sizes before but is this maybe why they haven’t been snapped up as they aren’t the “usual” size? Had I not got some on order I’d have been all over these but I wouldn’t be interested in the tyres in that size

I'm shocked these are still for sale. They normally get snapped up in less than 24hrs. I'm sure there was some mention recently about someone on the Duchy waiting list, maybe this is a much easier and quicker way to own a set of these amazing wheels, with the bonus of winter rubber already fitted.

yeah same.
in fact can someone please hurry up and buy these before i spend money i don't have...
thank you.

Maybe people are being a bit savvy with another lock down due?!

I’m sure I remember reading something about your tyre sizes before but is this maybe why they haven’t been snapped up as they aren’t the “usual” size? Had I not got some on order I’d have been all over these but I wouldn’t be interested in the tyres in that size
I had some on order and was able to cancel it when another set came up. Those tyres you will be able to sell on no problem this time of year.

This has given me an idea. A set of steel wheels 8.5" x 18" might be suitable for my T6. I drive off road and occasionally the wheel spokes take a knock from a stone or rock. The OEM set up, puts the wheels in harms way from projections, such as high curbs and rocks. I can see from the photographs above , that the main body of the wheel is protected by being dished. Do you have any idea, what the offset of the front 8.5" x 18" might be please. What might a wheel or a set of wheels be likely to cost. It is not the appearance but the function that is important to me. Are such banded wheels still covered by maximum weight certification suitable for a T6 and still legal or is that likely to be a grey area? Thank you.

I am sorry for disrupting your sale.

This has given me an idea. A set of steel wheels 8.5" x 18" might be suitable for my T6. I drive off road and occasionally the wheel spokes take a knock from a stone or rock. The OEM set up, puts the wheels in harms way from projections, such as high curbs and rocks. I can see from the photographs above , that the main body of the wheel is protected by being dished. Do you have any idea, what the offset of the front 8.5" x 18" might be please. What might a wheel or a set of wheels be likely to cost. It is not the appearance but the function that is important to me. Are such banded wheels still covered by maximum weight certification suitable for a T6 and still legal or is that likely to be a grey area? Thank you.

I am sorry for disrupting your sale.
I’m sure Paul @Tourershine will give you a full run down but offset is tricky as these are made (welded) .... legally..... again, these are welded not a factory wheel, so a definite grey area, but many will say these are stronger than any wheel we’ve had fitted before and mine are in a loaded T32 with no issues.

Cost wise..... as above for a brilliant condition used set above with tyres these are a good price seen as they are rare as rocking horse shit at the moment there’s a huge back order for these currently. You won’t get a certificate with them they are what they are and most do go for the look. Would a standard Amarok steel not suit, they will be more “legal” as it were!?

You are correct the Amarok steel would be a more strait forward proposition. It was just the small dish that interested me . The Amarok steel I do not think provides that because it is narrower. I may go for used Landrover Discovery D3 Alloys or steels of similar proportions. I am sure your wheels are very well made. Thank you for your very swift reply and for the link.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: DWS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back