Sold 18” Springfield Alloys VGC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDean

VIP Member
T6 Guru
As per photos, no curb rash. See updates below.

IMG_5637.jpegIMG_5641.jpegIMG_5639.jpegIMG_5642.jpegIMG_5640.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
At last! I have had new Rogue Alloys with General Grabber AT3s fitted this morning so the Springfields are ready to go. Will wash later and put up some new pictures.

If anyone is interested let me know, otherwise they are going on eBay next time there is a discounted fees weekend.

Thanks
BigDean.

Now washed and assessed:

All have some blemishing around the valve. I am guessing this is what happens? 1 of them has an additional blemish. See last 5 photos.

There is, what looks like, black tar on all. I am sure this comes off, but I am no detailer! Zoom in to see.

Tyres are:

2 x Minerva 255/45ZR18 with 5mm left on each
2 x Nankang 255/45R18 with 8mm left on each

Includes 2 x spacers and all wheel nuts (inc locking) as well as plastic covers.

Any questions/further photos required, just shout.

Thanks
BigDean

2023-09-07 10.55.16.jpg2023-09-07 10.55.23.jpg2023-09-07 10.55.26.jpg2023-09-07 10.55.29.jpg2023-09-07 10.55.32.jpg2023-09-07 10.55.38.jpg2023-09-07 10.55.44.jpg2023-09-07 10.55.51.jpg2023-09-07 10.56.07.jpg2023-09-07 10.56.17.jpg2023-09-07 10.56.23.jpg2023-09-07 10.57.02.jpg2023-09-07 10.57.06.jpg2023-09-07 10.57.12.jpg2023-09-07 10.57.17.jpg2023-09-07 10.57.29.jpg2023-09-07 10.41.14.jpg2023-09-07 10.41.19.jpg

Hi all. As I haven’t had any interest on these, I presume they are priced too high. Can anyone offer any advice on what they are worth?

Thanks.

I personally don’t think the price is too high , I think it’s pretty decent. But it’s coming into the back end of the year. Maybe people are saving for that word ( Christmas ) and I really didn’t want to say that word. And Because there are one of the rarer wheels maybe people are just holding onto what they have on their vans. They’re a good looking wheel aswell. I have seen 2x sets of Devonports for £650 and £700 but these people are dreamers. But the price is good enough. For a very good set of wheels. Hope they go soon.

As above back end of the season and also I think people are just as intrested in the tyres sometimes as the wheels.
Especially when trying save a few quid.

Great set of wheels these but some folk will see brand new set of fancy rims on budget tyres for a grand and I think I’ll go with that instead of something like these.
I’d keep hold until the spring if you can someone will jump on em them

Thanks for the input. As I am in no rush, I will put them in my storage unit and bring them out for Easter!

I agree with the comments above I wouldn't lower the price, that's a good price for a hard to find alloy. I would hold out until you sell them. I would have thought spring (no pun intended) would be the best time to sell them.

You could also look at costs for shipping them? might help interest people who don't live near bath, just a thought

If anyone is interested in these being delivered as per @david173's suggestion , let me know. I travel quite a bit so could potentially arrange it dependent on location.

Hi Dean, ibe seen your wheels on eBay and now on here. Just missed out on a set of Springfields for £700 with matching Dunlop tyres, sold last night on ebay.
I wouldn’t go £900 as I don’t know the tyres and they’re not a matching set.
I may put an offer in via eBay but would be interested in a delivery cost, im not too far away down near Southampton.
many thanks
Rich

My 2 pennies: I am not sure about the price. I don’t think rare means more expensive. If I am looking to replace new alloys I am looking at how good they look and what tyres are on. Here they are in decent condition however to me they need to be refurbished ( 300 quid for a proper job) and of course a new set of tyres ( 650 for Michelin cross climate I have just replaced). 900+300 makes it 1200 and there is no assurance they are straight. Looking at the amount of weights on the inside rim they have taken some abuse. (My alloys have 5Grams wheight on each wheel). In conclusion if the alloys were mine I would be happy to sell them for anything between 500 and 600.

My 2 pennies: I am not sure about the price. I don’t think rare means more expensive. If I am looking to replace new alloys I am looking at how good they look and what tyres are on. Here they are in decent condition however to me they need to be refurbished ( 300 quid for a proper job) and of course a new set of tyres ( 650 for Michelin cross climate I have just replaced). 900+300 makes it 1200 and there is no assurance they are straight. Looking at the amount of weights on the inside rim they have taken some abuse. (My alloys have 5Grams wheight on each wheel). In conclusion if the alloys were mine I would be happy to sell them for anything between 500 and 600.
Thanks for your input. I wouldn’t say they need refurbing as they look great as they are, but that would be a personal choice. Same with tyres. Nothing wrong with the ones on it, but understand if someone wanted matching ones.

I wouldn’t consider that kind of offer when worse ones sell on eBay for more money.

If they don’t sell around the asking price by the end of the month will put them in storage until Easter and try again then.

All the best
BigDean.

Hi Dean, ibe seen your wheels on eBay and now on here. Just missed out on a set of Springfields for £700 with matching Dunlop tyres, sold last night on ebay.
I wouldn’t go £900 as I don’t know the tyres and they’re not a matching set.
I may put an offer in via eBay but would be interested in a delivery cost, im not too far away down near Southampton.
many thanks
Rich
DM sent.

Yeah hold out for the price you as someone will purchase them as they’re worth it due to being what they are, and harder to find.

As above back end of the season and also I think people are just as intrested in the tyres sometimes as the wheels.
Especially when trying save a few quid.

Great set of wheels these but some folk will see brand new set of fancy rims on budget tyres for a grand and I think I’ll go with that instead of something like these.
I’d keep hold until the spring if you can someone will jump on em them
Got to say I’m just as interested in the tyres so you’re right there.

After watching far too many tyre reviews videos (and rolling a car on ‘budget’ tyres in my youth) I’d be looking at replacing the tyres with a quality brand so that £900 is, in my mind, just for the wheels. Sure others will have had those tyres before and be perfectly happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back