150dsg or 204 manual

Cryne2

Budget allows for a 150dsg but for £800 more on my spec I can have the 204 in manual.

What would you go for

Cheers

204 is VERY fast for a van but dsg is a godsend in traffic. If I had to choose I would keep the DSG and probably my licence.

Got both; DSG is superb; 204 is probably more than you actually need; if you change your mind later a remapped 150 would be about the same

150 DSG - I haven't driven a 204 but I have driven a 180 manual and Ican honestly say I've never found the 150 wanting for power or speed. Great gearbox, pulls and accelerates beautifully

Tough one and for once im not going with bhp, would not swap my DSG for anything.

Next van will have to be a DSG 204 but hopefully by then it will have a few more bhp - ideally 230 lol

My 140 Kombi is plenty enough for me, but don't really load it up or plan on a camper conversion.

I had to make the same choice, not for the money but for the weight to keep the load above the magic 1000kg for the VAT.

I couldn't forgo DSG, I'm a complete convert to DSG and have been for the last 6 years.

204 manual for me, had a DSG for a short while and we didn't get on, but I totally get why people love them.

I had to make the same choice, not for the money but for the weight to keep the load above the magic 1000kg for the VAT.

I couldn't forgo DSG, I'm a complete convert to DSG and have been for the last 6 years.
Same choice as me... my car is flappy paddle auto nonsense so wanted to go manual and get the 204.

Love the power, shifts really well and I don't mind the manual to be honest with the captains chair arms at the right height.

Personal opinion at the end of the day, I wanted the power and less the dsg weight

Back