13pin towbar used to charge leisure battery?

dilemma

Hi all,

First post and excited to finally join the T6 community rather than lurking in the background!

Just bought a T6.0 with Westfalia towbar installed.

Is there any way to power a leisure battery from the towbar electrics?

I've read on this thread from @catfood12 that there's additional kit that can be purchased from Westfalia to power a second battery (assume if its factory fitted?) via a relay from the starter battery but would this work with a retrofit leisure battery to sit under the drivers seat? Or have I totally misunderstood and would still need DC-DC installation to overcome the bluemotion issue?

Total newb to electrics so any help is appreciated!

My post was talking about the 12V on Pin 10 that can provide leisure power to stuff on a trailer/caravan, that can be used to charge a battery in a trailer, not a separate leisure battery in the T6.

Mine (Hillside Birchover, fitted by Hillside on purchase new) is also a Westfalia removeable, on mine he power pin feeds from the starter battery, theres no connection to the leisure battery. I do use it for low power stuff like LEDs etc but I dont use it for anything that would drain the starter.

Mine (Hillside Birchover, fitted by Hillside on purchase new) is also a Westfalia removeable, on mine he power pin feeds from the starter battery, theres no connection to the leisure battery. I do use it for low power stuff like LEDs etc but I dont use it for anything that would drain the starter.

Yes, pin 10 is a permanent live from the starter battery. Pin 9 is defined as fridge on the 13 pin plug. I'm not sure if it's just an ignition live on the T6, or is meant to be connected to a leisure battery on a T6, as there's the yellow & brown/white leads from the towbar loom that aren't normally connected to anything, and I always wondered if it was for the leisure feed on pin 9. I'll get my meter out if I get a moment.

Back