12v Sockets Kitchen and Roof don't work (U5 on wiring diagram)

Kaboo

Hello,

Greg from Belgium here. Last week whilst on a trip in France, I noticed that the 12v sockets in the roof and kitchen, don't work anymore. First thing I checked were the fuses located under the LHS (driverseat in my case). There were three 15A fuses, checked them and they were all good. Yesterday I went to my dad's place to use a volt meter, and the fuses are all connected to 12V. We don't have any reading in the sockets. We checked the earthcables, and they were not corroded as well ... Just downloaded the electric wiring diagram, and I know now that the socket is labeled as U5.
Did anyone had the same issue, with non working 12v sockets and healthy fuses?

Can you tell us more about your vehicle ?
And a picture of the wiring diagram ?
Some pictures of what you are talking about would be useful.

Pete

Have you checked for 12v in the fuse socket where the fuse goes in?
the supply for those fuses comes frim the terminal on the leisure battery under that seat, check for good connection.

We have 12V in the fuse sockets ... So for us it is a big mystery. We have juice ... But not in the 12v sockets.

Check the negative. Or run a temporary negative to the socket to test.

UPDATE:

Went to Volkswagen for a 90.000km service and mentioned the issue with the 12V sockets. They 'investigated' the upper socket and they had following remarque: that the upper socket was broken. That after 2 hours of searching and then they would start to investigate the one in the kitchen module. I told them to stop searching, because it would raise the working hours and that they didn't have to replace the one in the roof. So they think that there is a broken cable somewhere ...
This is really frustrating ... no quick fix I guess.
Still nobody which had the same issue with non working 12v sockets and healthy fuses?

Greetz from Belgium
Greg

Back