12 volt feed in rear

Keeff

T6 Guru
Can anyone help with this one please . I have a rear camera kit (wireless ) I got for the car to hitch caravan and I just plug the camera in the boot 12 volt socket when I hitch up on my own. I was thinking of fitting it to the Kombi but will need a feed in the rear as I can use the 12 volt socket in the front. It would need to be switched with the ignition or could I connect it to the reversing light ?

Can anyone help with this one please . I have a rear camera kit (wireless ) I got for the car to hitch caravan and I just plug the camera in the boot 12 volt socket when I hitch up on my own. I was thinking of fitting it to the Kombi but will need a feed in the rear as I can use the 12 volt socket in the front. It would need to be switched with the ignition or could I connect it to the reversing light ?
Seems like a good idea to me, current draw will be low; but I am no expert on these things

Depending on what camera you install you could do that, i used a genuine VW camera and that takes a permanent feed to power the camera plus a switched feed to activate it and i connected this switched feed to the reverse bulb cable
I had already taken power to tailgate for additional lighting from a 2nd battery setup i installed, you could use only the reverse bulb feed for both positives if you have that style of camera but you will probably notice a slight display when engaging reverse as the camera powers up

Back