102 5 Speed Remap in Jersey

hetherington03

Hi, is there anyone on here that lives in Jersey that has had their engine remapped on-island? I have read a decent bit on problems for the gearbox on a 5 speed 102 after being remapped...obviously because of the current situation it is not possible for me to get to the mainland for a Pendle Remap, and i am quite antsy to get one done!

Hi, is there anyone on here that lives in Jersey that has had their engine remapped on-island? I have read a decent bit on problems for the gearbox on a 5 speed 102 after being remapped...obviously because of the current situation it is not possible for me to get to the mainland for a Pendle Remap, and i am quite antsy to get one done!
Max speed is 40 mph on the island is it not. Do you dive off the island often?

My brother lives in Jersey. It's about 8 miles by 5 if I'm correct....and his T5 work van has clocked up over 140k.....omg

Yeah it's small! I will be going to Europe etc surfing and also would like to get it done so was just wondering if anyone had done here.

Wonder if the map can be sent remotely....maybe get in touch with them. I put money on it it's a generic map as they keep the torque low to save the gearbox.
Worth an ask

[/

hi ,I’m so jealous you live in jersey, my fav place !
check out my no. Plate !
Just wanted to mention I have a diesel chip box fitted on my van , gives extra 30 bhp (140 std)
Plug and play about £80 from eBay , had for 3 years now no probs.
I know not as a good as a remap but I’m happy with extra boost for now.
Cheers
Jason

F5BCF52F-81B8-4AA8-A614-D18B606BBBBB.jpeg

The general feeling is the Pendle remap is the one to have as some others are believed to have been too aggressive and caused damage to the 102's turbo, some mappers just wont tun a 102 at all.

it doesn't look like Pendle have an agent in Jersey though, so unless you fancy a trip to England, Switzerland or Finland that could be tricky for you.

hi ,I’m so jealous you live in jersey, my fav place !
check out my no. Plate !
Just wanted to mention I have a diesel chip box fitted on my van , gives extra 30 bhp (140 std)
Plug and play about £80 from eBay , had for 3 years now no probs.
I know not as a good as a remap but I’m happy with extra boost for now.
Cheers
Jason

View attachment 71376
I have a mate who put one of these boxes on his Kia. Been on for 3 years without issue.

Max speed is 40 mph on the island is it not. Do you dive off the island often?
I have had problems with my 5sp gearbox T6
I have had problems with 5 Spd t6 after re map. Going to go back to as it was. What exactly was your problem ?

Back