10% Off A-Plan Insurance with The Van Cave

My van insurance is due for renewal soon so I’ve been phoning around. The quotes vary wildly. I’ve gone with Howden’s Thatcham branch as they were easy to deal with and offered a comprehensive policy. KGM are the underwriters.

The Van Cave discount is still active so thanks to Chris for setting this up and I would recommend speaking to Katy at Howden.

Katy is really helpful at Howdens and will always do her best for every customer enquiry. Unfortunately, no one insurer will always be best for every enquiry, so whilst they can usually get a great deal, there will be exceptions.

Do you have a phone number by any chance?
I’m with LV and just had my renewal come through.
Last year £430, next year £649.
I was also with LV and have now moved to Howden. My renewal quote was a 65% increase on last year with no changes in circumstance. To be fair the new Howden premium is within a few £s of LV but I felt the Howden Policy was more comprehensive. I also tried Flux but they were nearly double.

My car insurance only went up £5 for the year but Van and House have increased by 65% and 71%. I understand that things are more expensive but these increases are frankly ridiculous.

Let us know what they quote I’d heard scare stories of premiums doubling … mines not due till summer
They're not scare stories - there has been quite a ramp in premiums. While everyone's circumstances are different, and we can debate the reasons of why, we're in a period where the rises are significantly more than the normal general drift up at inflationary levels we've become used to.

Just got a decent quote from Howden. Tried Just Kampers and got £811, them tried Howden and got £579

I hope you’re all remembering to quote “The Van Cave” for your extra discount. ;)

KGM are the underwriters
KGM are a Lloyds syndicate and don't underwrite their own motor insurance. I believe Zurich (or maybe Zenith? - anyway, deffo an insurer beginning with a Z) underwrite their motor policies.

Well, I now have a quandary.
As mentioned above, LV wanted an extra £219 for next year, so I rang A-Plan/Howdens.
They came back with a quote of £555.
Then I gave Caravan Guard a call and they've quoted me £343, BUT, I must have a Thatcham approved tracker fitted.
I have already got a Ghost, but as that is not Thatcham approved it doesn't count.
So, do I go with A-Plan/Howdens for £555, or Caravan Guard for £343 + £200ish (for the cheapest approved tracker) + £150ish (annual subscription)

I despair when people quibble over insurance quotes …a little extra cost for five star service is a no brainer …
I had a total write off couple of years ago and this was sorted by A plan in two months …

Reactions: CAB
I despair when people quibble over insurance quotes …a little extra cost for five star service is a no brainer …
I had a total write off couple of years ago and this was sorted by A plan in two months …
I agree that the market is too price-driven, but paying more (even a lot more) doesn't guarantee better service. Also, getting a claim settled quickly Is just as much about the 3rd party's insurer (and the 3rd party) as it is about your own insurer.

I wouldn't call an increase of £219 "a little extra cost"

Just had my van converted was having hassle with my insurance so thought I'd ring Aplan now Howden. We rang the Thatcham branch but got diverted to the Stratford upon Avon branch.

Ross took our call and was very helpful and with the forum discount it was very reasonable. All sorted on the way to Bognor to pick up my van.

Highly recommend these guys

Back