05649 Fault Code

nealfairfield

T6 Pro
Hello.
Adding this to the VCDS-VagCom / Carista / OBDeleven section.

There doesn't seem much info on this code. Has anyone any experience/ intel?

ENGINE
05649 -
Freeze frame :
Priority: 2
Malfunction frequency counter: 1
Unlearning counter: 255
Odometer reading: 67296 km
Engine rpm: 878.00 RPM
Normed load value: 28.2 %
Vehicle speed: 4.0 km/h
Coolant temperature: 63 °C
Intake air temperature: 9 °C
Ambient air pressure: 1010 mbar
Voltage terminal 30: 14.724 V

There doesn’t seem to be much information on this code with only the dodgy looking VWcodes.net returning anything, and it’s not very specific:

“Accumulated in electronic control units so O2 sensor signal bank 1 sensor 1, biased / stuck rich run rough, or might suddenly stall at any given speed direct one reduction catalyst deterioration sensor, circuit low. On the other hand ignition coil ‘f’ primary control, circuit low will delay your vw fault”

“05649 vw fault code may be caused by one or more of the following:
  • Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input
  • Fuel Temperature Sensor B Circuit Range/Performance
  • Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control 'A' High (Cam/Rotor/Injector)
  • Reverse Input Circuit
  • O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction
  • Injector Circuit Malfunction - Cylinders
  • Injection lump Fuel Metering Control 'B' High (Cam/Rotor/Injector)
  • Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit Malfunction”

I have no idea so I asked ChatGPT for you:

What is 05649 Fault Code on a vw t6:

The 05649 fault code on a VW T6 typically indicates a fault in the vehicle's adaptive cruise control system. Specifically, it is related to the radar sensor that is used to detect and maintain a safe distance from other vehicles on the road.

The fault code may be caused by a number of issues, including a faulty sensor, damaged wiring or connectors, or a software issue. It is recommended that you take your vehicle to a qualified mechanic or VW dealership to diagnose and repair the issue.

In the meantime, the adaptive cruise control system may be temporarily disabled or not functioning properly, so it is important to drive with caution and maintain a safe distance from other vehicles on the road.

How to fix it?:

Fixing the 05649 fault code on a VW T6 will depend on the underlying cause of the issue. Here are a few possible steps you can take:

1. Check the wiring and connectors: Faulty wiring or connectors can cause issues with the radar sensor. Check for any signs of damage, corrosion, or loose connections. If you find any issues, repair or replace the affected parts.
  2. Inspect the radar sensor: The fault code may be caused by a faulty radar sensor. Inspect the sensor for any signs of damage or misalignment. If you find any issues, you may need to replace the sensor.
  3. Update the software: A software issue may be causing the fault code. Check with your local VW dealership to see if there are any available software updates or patches for the adaptive cruise control system.
  4. Seek professional help: If you are not confident in your ability to diagnose or repair the issue, or if the above steps do not resolve the fault code, it is recommended that you take your vehicle to a qualified mechanic or VW dealership for diagnosis and repair.
Remember, the adaptive cruise control system may be temporarily disabled or not functioning properly, so it is important to drive with caution and maintain a safe distance from other vehicles on the road until the issue is resolved.

Thanks for your help poppet, what’re you doing later?

As an AI language model, I don't have the ability to do things outside of answering questions and providing information. However, I'm always here to help you with any questions or concerns you may have.

ENGINE
05649 -
Which fault code reader gave the code?

EDIT: Just realised it's about TSI T6

Then perhaps fault code
5649 - Throttle Control - P3078 00 [101] - Airflow at Idle too Low​
makes more sense.

Last edited:
I have no idea so I asked ChatGPT for you:

What is 05649 Fault Code on a vw t6:

The 05649 fault code on a VW T6 typically indicates a fault in the vehicle's adaptive cruise control system. Specifically, it is related to the radar sensor that is used to detect and maintain a safe distance from other vehicles on the road.

The fault code may be caused by a number of issues, including a faulty sensor, damaged wiring or connectors, or a software issue. It is recommended that you take your vehicle to a qualified mechanic or VW dealership to diagnose and repair the issue.

In the meantime, the adaptive cruise control system may be temporarily disabled or not functioning properly, so it is important to drive with caution and maintain a safe distance from other vehicles on the road.

How to fix it?:

Fixing the 05649 fault code on a VW T6 will depend on the underlying cause of the issue. Here are a few possible steps you can take:

1. Check the wiring and connectors: Faulty wiring or connectors can cause issues with the radar sensor. Check for any signs of damage, corrosion, or loose connections. If you find any issues, repair or replace the affected parts.
  2. Inspect the radar sensor: The fault code may be caused by a faulty radar sensor. Inspect the sensor for any signs of damage or misalignment. If you find any issues, you may need to replace the sensor.
  3. Update the software: A software issue may be causing the fault code. Check with your local VW dealership to see if there are any available software updates or patches for the adaptive cruise control system.
  4. Seek professional help: If you are not confident in your ability to diagnose or repair the issue, or if the above steps do not resolve the fault code, it is recommended that you take your vehicle to a qualified mechanic or VW dealership for diagnosis and repair.
Remember, the adaptive cruise control system may be temporarily disabled or not functioning properly, so it is important to drive with caution and maintain a safe distance from other vehicles on the road until the issue is resolved.

Thanks for your help poppet, what’re you doing later?

As an AI language model, I don't have the ability to do things outside of answering questions and providing information. However, I'm always here to help you with any questions or concerns you may have.
Chat GPT has some more dev time ahead given
My van has no adaptive cruise control :)

Last edited:
Back