‘VCDS Interface Not Found!’ error

Goyt

Any ideas as to what this means.

It comes up as soon as I run the test option?

Any help greatly appreciated.

20181111_145534.jpg

Original cable or cloan/copy?

If it's original . . . . Try different USB ports.. or go into device manager in Windows and uninstall the cable.

Then plug back in and allow drivers to Re install.

If it's a cloan/copy cable you will need to run the VCDS version supplied with the cable. The official new downloads normally won't work with non original cables.

Thanks guys I'm now on the road.
So will try later.

Not sure but it may be a clone.

Well, still nothing, after 4 years I cannot find the software and the laptop I used has been replaced since then.
Gutted it worked perfectly on the T5....
Dellmassive, its a clone. I got it on ebay.

Thanks any way for the tips.

Loz, it was plugged in, the led flash green and red to begin with, then I get that error code come up.

I've tried to update the driver version to the same as the library version but no luck there..

There is copy protection so you won't be able to use the new software with a fake adapter

depending on what your trying to do with the cable . . . . . .

maybe have a look at Carista?

Carista - How I Done It -

or look for a near by forum member and bribe them with beer tokens to help you out.

Just trying to set up the stereo for fading of the new rear speakers. Maybe turn off the annoying stop start. Plus a little bit of tinkering as you do.....

Just trying to set up the stereo for fading of the new rear speakers. Maybe turn off the annoying stop start. Plus a little bit of tinkering as you do.....

Not sure the first 2 are supported via Carista ATM . . . . . . but general tinkering defiantly is.

you can see the list available on the Carista post:

Carista - How I Done It -

Back