‘R’ startup screen

Is that Alpine specific?

Not at all, i went online, found the image i liked uploaded it onto a USB stick, plugged it into the back of the Alpine and hey presto.

I used the Instructions below:

• The image file must be a BMP image
  • Use a resolution of 800 × 480 pixels
  • Image must be RGB 24bit or less
  • Filename must be called ‘openingfile.bmp’ (without the quotes)

You can create this image using your preferred image editing software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Gimp, Pixelmator (Mac) etc. Making sure it is saved/exported using the conditions listed above.

Prepare Your USB Drive & Save Your Image

openingfile-bmp.png

Once you have your image file ready, we need to save it onto a USB drive, again with a few strict rules:

• The USB drive must be formatted to FAT-32 file system
  • Once formatted, create a folder named ‘OPENINGFILE’
  • Copy the openingfile.bmp file into the OPENINGFILE folder
  • With the vehicle switched on, powering the Alpine
  • Locate the USB extender cable and plug in your USB drive
  • Wait a few seconds and a confirmation message will display
  • Press OK to replace the launch image with your own

So long as the image meets the specs in the above you can load anything onto the screen.

So long as the image meets the specs in the above you can load anything onto the screen.
Does the OEM infotainment unit allow you to upload images for the startup screen?
Funny I never thought of that as I’ve done it on my wife’s Aygo a few years ago.

@Shaun Witts I can't help you with your question but I know there will certainly be a genius on here who can. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Discover Media. It has something like 8 options, and that one was either last or the penultimate option (I don’t recall them being labelled, so it was choose and review)
Thanks @Ads_Essex . I’m not sure the option is there for my poverty, basic T6 stereo. I’ll have a proper look tomorrow.

Am lost now! I meant is it possible to use a photo as the start-up screen eg a family or favourite pic?
If you have that Alpine head unit and the picture matches the specification then I don't see why not.

If you have that Alpine head unit and the picture matches the specification then I don't see why not.
That was my thinking too. It would be kind of cool to have a family photo come up on start-up....or as a background on the head unit!

That was my thinking too. It would be kind of cool to have a family photo come up on start-up....or as a background on the head unit!
Not sure if you can use a photo as background but that would be pretty cool. At the moment you have six solid or dual colour option which aren’t the most exciting.

Back