Yes my arse has fainted

kamperman69

VIP Member
T6 Pro
In Need of a bit of help.... As a lot of us on here my bums a bit low so had a look under van thinking it be original springs but no? see pics?

So not sure what's what's... well I know the shocks original:confused:

Thanks for any advice...
ps I'm more for comfort the way the roads are around here:mad:

PXL_20240322_114209290.MP.jpg

PXL_20240322_114339379.jpg

PXL_20240322_114615806.jpg

PXL_20240324_084929624.jpg

Further to what @bobnudd says those H&R springs come in 4 variants depending on axle weights.

Yours are - obviously as it says - the -1 variant which is strictly for rear axles weights up to 1550kg…
…which I think is right for the T28 (or less…) only.
(I probably need to double check this…)

ie. this spring wouldn’t be right for a T30 or T32. Especially a loaded campervan version thereof!
So what is your van and axle ratings? (Look at plate under bonnet lid…)

But even if this is right (ie satisfying above) it might still not be coping (even with same springs on the front) if a/ you have a particularly heavy rear (conversion, water tanks etc etc) or b/ if your van is overloaded (either just rear axle overloaded or total - latter possible esp. if it is a T28 with a heavy conversion -> more than 2,800kg weight total?)…

In Need of a bit of help.... As a lot of us on here my bums a bit low so had a look under van thinking it be original springs but no? see pics?

So not sure what's what's... well I know the shocks original:confused:

Thanks for any advice...
ps I'm more for comfort the way the roads are around here:mad:

View attachment 234498

View attachment 234499

View attachment 234500

View attachment 234501
Take the wheel arch measurements , centre of the wheel to the top of the arch vertically up . standard van 460 mm 40 mm drop would be 420 as an example . Yours looks closer to 70 mm at the rear and this is because the rear spring isnt coping with the weight of the conversion ( camper ). H&R actually have 2 x front spring and 2 x rear springs in their arsenal , neither will hold a camper at the described 40 mm . there are solutions for this , some cheap and cheerful, some are fabulous ! . we are well know for the fabulous ones but it costs money to it correctly ,, Much better road holding. more comfort , stability and generally feels more car like . These can cope with the weight of a camper as well reviews speak for them selves . You dont need a coil over kit which is what 99 % of suspension companies want to sell you .

Take the wheel arch measurements , centre of the wheel to the top of the arch vertically up . standard van 460 mm 40 mm drop would be 420 as an example . Yours looks closer to 70 mm at the rear and this is because the rear spring isnt coping with the weight of the conversion ( camper ). H&R actually have 2 x front spring and 2 x rear springs in their arsenal , neither will hold a camper at the described 40 mm . there are solutions for this , some cheap and cheerful, some are fabulous ! . we are well know for the fabulous ones but it costs money to it correctly ,, Much better road holding. more comfort , stability and generally feels more car like . These can cope with the weight of a camper as well reviews speak for them selves . You dont need a coil over kit which is what 99 % of suspension companies want to sell you .
Well measured as you said. back is 384mm - front is 425... but at this point would like to sort out the back as when loaded up be even worse? But still be comfortable...

Well measured as you said. back is 384mm - front is 425... but at this point would like to sort out the back as when loaded up be even worse? But still be comfortable...
Ok 75 mm drop at the back , ( too low ) 35 mm front which is sensible

Easy to sort this out , would you want to come here or us to post stuff to you ?? we can discuss over the phone if you wish ? 07469785932

Ok 75 mm drop at the back , ( too low ) 35 mm front which is sensible

Easy to sort this out , would you want to come here or us to post stuff to you ?? we can discuss over the phone if you wish ? 07469785932

2018 68 Plate T30 SWB 102PS VW T6 Trendline Campervan
I live in Glasgow. @CRS You come highly recommended.

Alas, it’s >10 hour round trip for me to get to you. Local wee garage won't touch it and had a bad experience with another garage whom I used for a service

Can you recommend/know off a reputable company in Glasgow or Central Scotland who could fix the campervan rock’n’roll bed sagging backside problem as well as giving me a less clunky/hard drive? I feel every bump of the road & it sits too high
Thanks for any help
Jim

IMG_2071.jpg

Last edited:

Alas, it’s >10 hour round trip for me to get to you. Local wee garage won't touch it and had a bad experience with another garage whom I used for a service

Can you recommend/know off a reputable company in Glasgow or Central Scotland who could fix the campervan rock’n’roll bed sagging backside problem as well as giving me a less clunky/hard drive? I feel every bump of the road & it sits too high
Thanks for any help
Jim

View attachment 236043
@CRS Performance

Thanks for any help
Jim

View attachment 236043
I would have to recommend a 10 hour round trip, folk have traveled further for Steves services! Plus you get to see the delight that is Cannock, and it's new mega shopping outlet!

I would have to recommend a 10 hour round trip, folk have traveled further for Steves services! Plus you get to see the delight that is Cannock, and it's new mega shopping outlet!
Probably nearer 12+ hours. Yes, I have no doubt he is the go to expert. It's just too far for me right now

Last edited:
Probably nearer 12+ hours. Yes, I have no doubt he is the go to expert. It's just too far for me right now
Maybe give us a call. Advice is free and we love. Dishing out solid advice. We can ship goods all over the country ( indeed we send all over the world )

Just a thought @Jim Rey but have you thought of undertaking the West Midlands 500 and combining a flying visit to CRS within the itinerary?
There's plenty to see in Cannock with an excellent chip shop barely a 1/4 mile from Steve's unit, I must confess I didn't visit the shopping centre but with the right climbing gear you could even explore the odd slag heap or two while having new suspension fitted.:thumbsup:

Steve dropped me off there and it's a ten minute walk back at most, prices were great so I pushed the boat out with a chicken pie, chips and from memory an ice cold Vimto from an extensive cellar, delightful dining area too!:thumbsup:

Just a thought @Jim Rey but have you thought of undertaking the West Midlands 500 and combining a flying visit to CRS within the itinerary?
There's plenty to see in Cannock with an excellent chip shop barely a 1/4 mile from Steve's unit, I must confess I didn't visit the shopping centre but with the right climbing gear you could even explore the odd slag heap or two while having new suspension fitted.:thumbsup:

It's just too far for me I think. However, I am going to give him a ring at some point for advice and if possible discuss getting a rear end spring kit to lift it at the back, if that is what he recommends. I watched a youtube video on how to remove and fit new springs. Lacking in knowledge I don't want to end up buying incompatible springs and/or have someone who isn't as expert as Steve @ CRS to do it.
Looks like a bit of a in depth subject with different coloured makers on Transporters depending on the model. Mine is a T6 30 and has rear springs with 4 x yellow paint indicators.
For interest this what I found a video showing how it could be done on a driveway >>> Rear springs fitting on your driveway

Back