Would you consider this dangerous driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loz

Admin
VIP Member

This idiot pulled out in front of us this morning and then gave us a brake test!

Yes definitely dangerous but not sure how you fare with flashing your headlights at him, could be deemed as inciting road rage :(

A361 is awful for it generally, even more so once the caravans start arriving!

Assuming you were sound with your own speed and the speed limit I would definitely be taking a visit to the police station with this. He is forcing you to break hard in the wet after pulling out in front of you.

Out of curiosity what dash cam is it you have? The quality looks great and this video has made me realise I should get one.

I only flashed my lights as I assumed he hadn't looked in his mirror and didn't know I was there, had he just pulled in, I would have just sailed past...

I only flashed my lights as I assumed he hadn't looked in his mirror and didn't know I was there, had he just pulled in, I would have just sailed past...
Fair point, I have these type of idiots to deal on a daily bases, cutting you up, tailgating and pulling into your braking distance of the car in front!
I'll second @xpfloyd comment on clarity of the dash cam.

But you only flashed your lights to let him know you were there as he clearly hadn't seen you.......

Definitely send it in to your local police force. They have to investigate as there is evidence rather than a one sided verbal complaint.

Awful, aggressive driving and in a Discovery; these and RRs seem to be real menaces of the road.
Report him; and suggest he buys a paint gauge.

Send it to the authorities. If nothing else, at least when this idiot does it next time causing an horrific accident the police will no doubt know that the driver is careless and quite happy to put other in danger on the roads!
The next person he does it to may not be equipped with a dash cam and may end up being blamed for this drivers stupidity.

Hmm. Clearly a total dickhead pulling out in the first place and also for not pulling back in immediately, plus definitely dangerous driving doing the brake test but I wouldn't be sending that video to the police. We would probably all do the same if it happened to us, but reality is that there was no need for you to get that close to him

Hmmm, I'm seeing this in a slightly different way from everyone else. I'm thinking 50/50.

When the LR pulls out (5 seconds on vid) you appear to be still a fair distance behind (hard to really gauge on vid but maybe 100 yards?). He then overtakes the bus which is travelling really slowly with hazard lights flashing- this may have alerted LR driver to a potential hazard on the road ahead making him accelerate more slowly than expected. You seem to continue travelling towards him for maybe 5/6 seconds at same speed before braking sharply and flashing headlights. This may have startled the driver because of the incredible brightness of your led's causing him to brake. He then pulls over to the left to let you past but you have already moved over to attempt 'undertake' manoeuvre.
So, personally I'm giving the LR driver the benefit of the doubt here.

Agree he probably needs a paint thickness gauge though.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I'm seeing this in a slightly different way from everyone else. I'm thinking 50/50.

When the LR pulls out (7 seconds on vid) you appear to be still a fair distance behind (hard to really gauge on vid but maybe 100 yards?). He then overtakes the bus which is travelling really slowly with hazard lights flashing- this may have alerted LR driver to a potential hazard on the road ahead making him accelerate more slowly than expected. You seem to continue travelling towards him for maybe 2 seconds at same speed before braking sharply and flashing headlights. This may have startled the driver because of the incredible brightness of your led's causing him to brake. He then pulls over to the left to let you past but you have already moved over to attempt 'undertake' manoeuvre.
So, personally I'm giving the LR driver the benefit of the doubt here.

Agree he probably needs a paint thickness gauge though.

:rofl: :rofl: :D :D :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That made me chuckle. :D

Not on the part of the LR Driver. He gave the bus room to accelerate if that was the bus drivers intention, an example of defensive driving. You should have slowed earlier to maintain a safe braking distance, which you hadn't done as you claim that you had to swerve left to avoid him. :thumbsdown: Show this to the police and it could well rebound on you. :(

Send it in anonymously ? They might not take him to court with it but even a few words wouldn't go a miss

Not on the part of the LR Driver. He gave the bus room to accelerate if that was the bus drivers intention, an example of defensive driving. You should have slowed earlier to maintain a safe braking distance, which you hadn't done as you claim that you had to swerve left to avoid him. :thumbsdown: Show this to the police and it could well rebound on you. :(
That was the designated overtaking lane on a steep uphill, I had passed a coach and was continuing up the hill and there were another 2 cars behind me all in the second lane. Had he just pulled in we would have just gone straight passed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back