Would you consider this dangerous driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, I'm seeing this in a slightly different way from everyone else. I'm thinking 50/50.

When the LR pulls out (5 seconds on vid) you appear to be still a fair distance behind (hard to really gauge on vid but maybe 100 yards?). He then overtakes the bus which is travelling really slowly with hazard lights flashing- this may have alerted LR driver to a potential hazard on the road ahead making him accelerate more slowly than expected. You seem to continue travelling towards him for maybe 5/6 seconds at same speed before braking sharply and flashing headlights. This may have startled the driver because of the incredible brightness of your led's causing him to brake. He then pulls over to the left to let you past but you have already moved over to attempt 'undertake' manoeuvre.
So, personally I'm giving the LR driver the benefit of the doubt here.

Agree he probably needs a paint thickness gauge though.

Agree with this, hey we all make mistakes. Does it really matter? Don't let it spoil your day. :)

That was the designated overtaking lane on a steep uphill, I had passed a coach and was continuing up the hill and there were another 2 cars behind me all in the second lane. Had he just pulled in we would have just gone straight passed..
Which is exactly what he was doing, and you had plenty of time to ease off slightly rather than giving a good impression of aggressive driving.

Watched it another few times and the LR driver overtakes the bus slowly. @Loz is coming up on him fast so the LR driver should have been watching his mirrors and when he passed pulled over to the slow lane and let the other cars pass. He seems to throw a wobbley when @Loz gives him a flash to say I want to pass. Th LR driver should have pulled over

Hey, let's shed a little humour on this.... You Tube, search A clown takes a pratfall. 3mins & 59 seconds of fun.

Contains bad language so don't watch with the little ones.

Cyclists road rage, fun starts at 50 seconds in.

Enjoy

Its fine, I can take criticism, just a little healthy debate, after all we're not discussing Brexit.. :)

Which is exactly what he was doing, and you had plenty of time to ease off slightly rather than giving a good impression of aggressive driving.
Yes I don't disagree with your points but the LR came out of the laybay then went straight into an overtake at 20 or so mph..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back