worth it?

Dpm0202

Hi everyone

Im looking for a decent van not to do as a camper purely for space for the family

24 plate (reg in Feb)
110bhp manual startline comes with aircon/heated seats and reverse camera (not sure if these are standard)
Pure grey
20" alloys (look like laytons)
Roof bars
Side skirts
Spoiler
Rear carpeted through out with led lights dotted around

£40k

Is this a good price?
Whats missing that a highline has?
For my use would the 110bhp be suffice or opt for the 150?

Thanks for help guys

Highline comes with aircon only as Standard. Looks like the Bus your looking at has option boxes ticked.
110 bhp ain’t that bad but the 6 speed 150 box will save you a few quid on journeys. TBH I had a 1.9 Tdi 5 speed for 13 years and was great on mpg. Went to Holland once and done over 700 miles on a full tank!

Highline comes with aircon only as Standard. Looks like the Bus your looking at has option boxes ticked.
110 bhp ain’t that bad but the 6 speed 150 box will save you a few quid on journeys. TBH I had a 1.9 Tdi 5 speed for 13 years and was great on mpg. Went to Holland once and done over 700 miles on a full tank!
Hi thanks for the reply, I think I read somewhere the 110bhp and 150 wasn't much different on MPG on a run but unsure. What you think of the price mate

Def the right color, seems bob on spec wise. For what's in essence a new van. Seems about the right price.
Thanks for reply. There is just thar much out there and so varied prices

Panel vans seem cheaper but the u need to put windows in/rear seats etc carpet it out and so on

Hi and welcome @Dpm0202 and @bobnudd ! Good to have you both on our very well thumbed forum.
The first T6.1 we hired was a 110 which we did a Scotland tour in, i have to say it was a bit 'sluggish' in comparison to our remapped 150.
Mine too is a Startline, with Aircon, rear parking sensors, 5 speed manual. It didn't have front fogs! I had to get them, £700 fitted. I wanted LED headlamps, £800 fitted! I wanted it to feel more carlike, new suspension £1800 fitted! You can and I'm sure will go on spending!
If I bought again, it would be a 150 6 speed or a DSG box, usually more money for the auto...
You mention family Dpm, does this van just have the 3 seats up front? Any in the back?
Perhaps look at a 12 month old van with a better spec?

If I bought again, it would be a 150 6 speed or a DSG box
Same here - 150 dsg would be my personal choice.
We have a 102 5 spd manual and while it’s always OK pulling off (vans are geared to pull off carrying weight) you do have to work it through the gears a bit and rev higher if you want to make progress at modern car speeds - although you forgive that as it is a camper and the journey is part of the holiday.
What is more frustrating is when it runs out of puff on big hills and quickly dips from 70mph to 60mph. Obviously this is more noticeable when loaded with four people and their gear. It’s totally usable but not always the most relaxing. Fuel economy is great though tbf.

Back