Work van/camper.. does it work?

Tommy Start

Hi all,

I'm an electrician and currently own a T6 panel van SWB. I have two children (10 and 8), and I'm thinking of converting the van so I can work out of it still. Looking to to get a pop top and a full width rib bed. Idea being that my tools will go in the middle and then take them out and replace for camping gear for the weekend. Has anyone done this and able to shed some light of the practicality of it day to day...

Thanks,

Tommy

That's what I do. Tools in the back on a slide out tray then put the bed down and lay my stuff on top of it

32C71557-00F6-4986-9073-89C6A99EF5D5.jpeg

IMG_8056.jpg

Hi and welcome,

Appreciate its not about the RIB as you asked but have you thought about an OVANO at all? lots of people use this option for a camper/work van?

Electrician, before finishing mainly test & inspection, remedial and small jobs so no need to carry loads of gear. Van converted with RIB 112cm which leaves enough room for tool and parts storage at the rear. If needed, conduit etc on top of the unit, room for boxes in front of the seat.
Just be aware the RIB seat is quite high so small kids legs won’t touch the floor when sitting and the bed is very firm, we have quite a thick mattress topper for it.

IMG_3587.jpeg6273.jpeg

Hi and welcome,

Appreciate its not about the RIB as you asked but have you thought about an OVANO at all? lots of people use this option for a camper/work van?

Thanks David173 I'll check these out

Electrician, before finishing mainly test & inspection, remedial and small jobs so no need to carry loads of gear. Van converted with RIB 112cm which leaves enough room for tool and parts storage at the rear. If needed, conduit etc on top of the unit, room for boxes in front of the seat.
Just be aware the RIB seat is quite high so small kids legs won’t touch the floor when sitting and the bed is very firm, we have quite a thick mattress topper for it.

View attachment 227005View attachment 227006
Thanks MarkW-T6, that's good to see the space in the back of the van.. I have a similar about of boxes as that. I have a set of 6 tread fibreglass steps though so not sure where I'd put them? If I got the pop top maybe I could get roof rails and put them on top of that with a pipe tube also.

Back