Wish List

Gazzarn

Pirate
T6 Pro
Here's a wish list of items I didn't even know existed before joining this forum a few weeks back and now I want them all, is it just me or is the list never ending {GULP}.
As lots have already said the wealth of knowledge on this site is unreal so thanks for making me happy (and about to be skint) :eek:

Have I missed anything or is there items here that I shouldn't bother with? :laugh:

Suspension
  • Coil over kit Bilstein B14s —-£1100 and Plus ARB £200? OR
  • Stance plus from venommotorsport —£250
Heating
  • Chinese Heater ebay -£130
  • Eberspacher diesel heater—£1000

Power Generation & Distribution
  • 12v cigar lighter/USB sockets coming off Leisure battery —-£10
  • Portable generator (ford FG2500iS) £450 or Senci SC2000i
  • Solar panels (renogy)/smart solar MPPT controller —-£110
  • 2nd leisure battery (AGM +)
Extras
  • Rear spoiler —£80 Might not suit with pop top :-(
  • Zonesleep or Duvalay? Mattress for upper bed and bedding —£50
  • Zonesleep or Duvalay Mattress cover and bedding for main bed—- £50
  • Drive away inflatable awning-Vango kela??
  • Front cab thermal window blinds —£70 Caravanaparts.uk
  • Screwfix roll of foil insulation for insulation of pop top
  • Extension board for extra sockets —£5
  • Reversing camera and sensors —£100
  • Cushions —-£30
  • Mofi 4500-4g router
  • Camping Trailer -£500 Or Box trailer to fit bikes £1500
  • Cadac carri chef 2-2 in 1 bbq plancha combo-42cm pizza stone-Paella pan-Tapas bowls
  • Thetford porta porti qube 145 and elsan toilet fluid
  • Cab bed- https://nlavw.com/interior/180-german-quality-cab-child-bunk-for-vw-t5.html
  • Rugs for bugs front floor mats £70 or-Procarmats1975 eBay ?
  • Outwell collaps range
  • Bike rack

:thumbsup:
Here's a wish list of items I didn't even know existed before joining this forum a few weeks back and now I want them all, is it just me or is the list never ending {GULP}.
As lots have already said the wealth of knowledge on this site is unreal so thanks for making me happy (and about to be skint) :eek:

Have I missed anything or is there items here that I shouldn't bother with? :laugh:

Suspension
  • Coil over kit Bilstein B14s —-£1100 and Plus ARB £200? OR
  • Stance plus from venommotorsport —£250
Heating
  • Chinese Heater ebay -£130
  • Eberspacher diesel heater—£1000

Power Generation & Distribution
  • 12v cigar lighter/USB sockets coming off Leisure battery —-£10
  • Portable generator (ford FG2500iS) £450 or Senci SC2000i
  • Solar panels (renogy)/smart solar MPPT controller —-£110
  • 2nd leisure battery (AGM +)
Extras
  • Rear spoiler —£80 Might not suit with pop top :-(
  • Zonesleep or Duvalay? Mattress for upper bed and bedding —£50
  • Zonesleep or Duvalay Mattress cover and bedding for main bed—- £50
  • Drive away inflatable awning-Vango kela??
  • Front cab thermal window blinds —£70 Caravanaparts.uk
  • Screwfix roll of foil insulation for insulation of pop top
  • Extension board for extra sockets —£5
  • Reversing camera and sensors —£100
  • Cushions —-£30
  • Mofi 4500-4g router
  • Camping Trailer -£500 Or Box trailer to fit bikes £1500
  • Cadac carri chef 2-2 in 1 bbq plancha combo-42cm pizza stone-Paella pan-Tapas bowls
  • Thetford porta porti qube 145 and elsan toilet fluid
  • Cab bed- https://nlavw.com/interior/180-german-quality-cab-child-bunk-for-vw-t5.html
  • Rugs for bugs front floor mats £70 or-Procarmats1975 eBay ?
  • Outwell collaps range
  • Bike rack
Forget the Cadac grill, this is what you want:thumbsup:
BBQ: Magma Gourmet Series Newport 2 Gas Grill (23 x 46cm) (A10-918-2CE-2)

The way I looked at this, and i have a similar list, out of those, you need to think about how you will use the van and what saves you time, effort and freezing your nutz off...
Solar panels - Must have to keep the fridge on.
Bike rack - Must have to take the bikes out.
Diesel heater - Must have for winter use. (I have a webasto, which seems good and not as pricey as the Eberspacher)
Front thermal blinds - Must have if you don't want to be awoken by every car that passes, or the sun at 4am in the summer!
Toilet - Total must have if you don't want to freeze your tits off going for a wazz in the middle of the night after a skin full.
Two duvets do the same job as a duvalay... ??

I'm also lucky in that my startline van came with parking sensors and they are really useful.
Everything else (IMHO) is sugar on the cake.
I'm trying not to think how much this van could cost if I did everything I wanted. So just working through what I need and will leave the rest to time and chance deals at shows and charity shops.
Just my 2p worth.

Good advice @Sabre ill have a look at Webasto heaters today if they’re cheaper and same quality as Eberspacher then I’d probably go with that :thumbsup:
I can’t do it all at once will be priority’s first like bedding etc just hope the wife comes round to it as I sort of bought it without telling her And she’s not been overly enthusiastic up till now :rofl:

£495 :eek: 23cm*46cm o_O my pork chops are normally bigger than that ;)
I’ve got 3 cadacs in the shed in various states of disintegration. They don’t stand up to heavy use & repeated assembly & dismantling. They’re also just about the worst shape for storing in the van. We used them when we were camping with the frame tent, so had lots of space.

@Salty Spuds got a right dilemma now if these cadacs that I’ve read good things about arnt fit for purpose!
Might just have to stick the bbq to the back of the list for now and wait until summer before making the choice, thanks for advice much appreciated :)

@Salty Spuds got a right dilemma now if these cadacs that I’ve read good things about arnt fit for purpose!
Might just have to stick the bbq to the back of the list for now and wait until summer before making the choice, thanks for advice much appreciated :)
I think more “vanners” go for the safari chef, they’re more compact & van friendly. You still might struggle with your pork chop though:whistle:

I think more “vanners” go for the safari chef, they’re more compact & van friendly. You still might struggle with your pork chop though:whistle:

:rofl: I’ll have a look at the safari chef cheers :thumbsup: I could do with losing a few pounds anyway :D

I also have to admit that I use a set of melamine plates and bowls that mum and dad bought for our family picnics back in the 70's! :D
We all have huge lists of the nirvana set up but seldom the budget to achieve it so you pick up stuff as you go. And don't forget, there are dozens of VW specific shows all through the year and you need to have a reason to go with a full wallet!

Going to have
I also have to admit that I use a set of melamine plates and bowls that mum and dad bought for our family picnics back in the 70's! :D
We all have huge lists of the nirvana set up but seldom the budget to achieve it so you pick up stuff as you go. And don't forget, there are dozens of VW specific shows all through the year and you need to have a reason to go with a full wallet!
There’s a thing I haven’t really looked at plates & bowls, will have a look at melamine :D
@Salty Spuds had a look at that safari chef and gets great reviews on amazon so that’s making the list thanks

We made the mistake of buying a sh1t load of “stuff” for the van in our waiting period. Half of it is unused. We took loads of stuff on our first long trip (6 weeks down to Croatia) when we came back, anything we hadn’t used got chucked out. We try to buy stuff that has more than one use & only take essentials. This doesn’t mean roughing it, it’s about being smart, buy less stuff, but better quality.

;)
We made the mistake of buying a sh1t load of “stuff” for the van in our waiting period. Half of it is unused. We took loads of stuff on our first long trip (6 weeks down to Croatia) when we came back, anything we hadn’t used got chucked out. We try to buy stuff that has more than one use & only take essentials. This doesn’t mean roughing it, it’s about being smart, buy less stuff, but better quality.
Sounds like a good road trip all the way to Croatia. Can’t wait to start my adventures in the van, up until now I’ve just been using it as a daily runabout the kids are loving being taken to school in it :rofl: and I don’t really need any extra items for that just yet ;)

Back