Wish list/wouldn't be without..

This is really helpful, thank you so much! I think LED's are standard on Highline?

Unfortunately LEDs are not standard on Highline. I've been researching this and they are an additional - and apparently recommended - option.

Useful (but expensive!) thread this. In my spec I’ve now included:

- DSG Auto - smoother and easier drive around the hills and in traffic
- Highline package - has a good number of things I consider essential inc folding mirrors, climate control, ACC
- LED lights - I read too many negatives about the standard headlights
- Reversing camera - have it on my car, too used to it
- Driver / Passenger captain, swivel seats - seems much better than the bench to me

I didn’t bother with the SatNav. Apple CarPlay will do me just fine. I didn’t bother with power sliding door or tailgate either. Or any of the sporty niceties to make it look better, other than 18 inch alloys, perhaps.

From a conversion perspective I’ve specified:
- Rib bed - more space in the boot area and they look more comfortable
- Diesel night heater - essential for cold nights in the hills
- Solar panel - a little more electricity has to be a good thing, right
- Wind out awning - it’s always sunny in the UK of course
- BBQ point - I like the idea of being able to connect a BBQ to the van gas supply and eat outside

I dont think I’m going to bother with oven/grill, hot water, shower, leather upholstery. I seriously considered the Wallas diesel hob/heater option but settled for more traditional gas hob and diesel heater option instead.

My research into this camper van world has already taught me that there is much I don’t know and many more things I need to save up my pennies for :)

Back