Wish list/wouldn't be without..

Not everyone has a mobile phone - I don't, nothing wrong with using VW satnav.
Nothing wrong with it but the newer versions are not user friendly and it is massively overpriced. If it was coming on a second hand VW i wouldn't complain but i would not specify it on a new van. but each to their own :).

Reactions: Ozi
I can get under 2m barrier too…..as long as I shut the sunroof :laugh::laugh::laugh:… But can’t live without my extra door seal..Why should the beach boys have all the fun ( Ocean too ..)

ps … Been to Scotland.. Got the Moo :whistle:

6012C52F-D8CE-453A-AA4D-A285C830E1F0.jpeg

I use the van sat nav all the time. Even if i'm not 'using' it for nav, I really like having the map up

I have my phone as well and sometimes use it for waze, but van sat nav is my default (it's the VW factory fit option)

Have to say heated seats would have been nice but I put my money into the upgraded nav and screen. Worth it for me. Also I went for van loading area a/c which is perfect now on conversion. For the dogs! I didn’t bother with DSG or led as I couldn’t see the benefit - again personal choice!

I use the van sat nav all the time. Even if i'm not 'using' it for nav, I really like having the map up

Same for me, always have the map on the screen but if I’m going any distance I’ll plug my phone in and have Waze on the CarPlay, mainly for the live speed camera alerts, I’ve never had a problem with the factory Nav.

We use ours as a family car/ day vans and intend to use it for camping in the future. We have 5 seat combi.
I wish i had gone for twin slider, primarily as for getting in and out with the isofix car seats in, especially as when i drive on my own the baby seat is by the door so i can see it in the rear mirror, this blocks the other back seats if we have another child.

On the flip side if your going to convert single slider is the preferred to accommodate the units, however i have seen some cool twin slider conversions and it could be super handy to get to the rear of the cupboards from the outside of the van
Not sure i've ever seen a twin door conversion, i'll look them up, thank you!

We ticked practically every box on the order form when we specced our van, so there’s not much we could have added. However, if I was doing it again, I wouldn’t bother with:-
Tailgate power latching
Apple Carplay
Premium WiFi
Tailgate window inc, wash/wipe/heated.
This is actually really useful, thank you!

A slightly curveball one, but something that's helped me out on several occasions, not technically a dealer option but handy none the less..... - being lowered with no poptop/roof bars to enable me to be under 2M tall...so far its helped on ferry crossings along with multiple barriers and carparks etc.
Oooo.. this is a really good point tho! I need a pop top but I wonder if having it lowered would help with clearance

My list will sound familiar:

Highline - you'll get AC, heated screen, parking sensors and colour coded mirrors and doors

Reversing camera - can be easily retro fitted, but if you're speccing from the factory, might as well add it now

Twin swivels - such a cheap extra on a factory order when compared to retro fit

Heated seats - not expensive and good to have

But DO NOT pay the extra for the upgraded head/sat nav unit. Its expensive and pants...... and the standard one works great with android for mapping/sat nav. I almost went for the upgrade and so gald i didnt now.

But I do wish I'd added the LED's *♂️
This is really helpful, thank you so much! I think LED's are standard on Highline?

Same for me, always have the map on the screen but if I’m going any distance I’ll plug my phone in and have Waze on the CarPlay, mainly for the live speed camera alerts, I’ve never had a problem with the factory Nav.
Really appreciate your thoughts on this! My Caravelle had the SatNav and I found it really helpful not needing to use my phone all the time

I'm going to throw a curveball on the OEM sat nav. I didnt order it because I thought it was a bit overpriced and other versions via carplay are better. However now I am wondering if I did the right thing as I cant now add the virtual dash as that doesnt work with my head unit.

I'm going to throw a curveball on the OEM sat nav. I didnt order it because I thought it was a bit overpriced and other versions via carplay are better. However now I am wondering if I did the right thing as I cant now add the virtual dash as that doesnt work with my head unit.
Yeah, thats annoying! I don't know what my Caravelle had in terms of additional extras because I had it second hand and I've never looked at the original spec, but we had a SatNav and it was pretty handy..

Oooo.. this is a really good point tho! I need a pop top but I wonder if having it lowered would help with clearance
Minimising the overall height but with a pop top was one of our key criteria. We opted for Air Suspension, which lowers the van by 80mm when in Car Park mode to 1925mm, by my crude measuring. Bit expensive but brilliant value for us. Self levelling when parked is another bonus of the system, so no need to use levelling ramps. Check out the threads on VB Airsuspension.

As others have said LED headlights and reversing camera would be the absolute essential additions I couldn't do without. If you have tailgate rather than barn doors, it's amazing how useful and often used the remote open/close function on the electric tailgate option is. If you need a 4motion might as well order the diff lock. It is a really inexpensive option on a build but expensive and almost impossible to retrofit. That's the one thing I wish I had gone for that I didn't.

Having just returned from a camping trip to Mulgumpin (Moreton Isl), just a hour and a half by ferry east of Brisbane Qld., I'm so glad we ordered our Trakka camper with the Seikel lift and underbody protection as there are no made roads on the island which is ALL sand. VW's 4MOTION with rear diff lock certainly is the goods.
I wish I'd ordered it with LED headlights, electrical swing-in mirrors, electric side door and an upgraded sound system. Whilst the current does have Apple CarPlay, it doesn't provide good reception, particularly when travelling to the less populated areas.
IMG_0002.JPGIMG_0005.JPGIMG_0014.JPG

Back