Wiring camper electrics to Crafter with factory fit 2nd battery and CFCU

wanderinmac

Hello I have new Crafter ordered with factory installed 2nd battery with cutoff relay and forced CFCU. I intend doing a DIY campervan conversion. with solar panels, mains charger, inverter, 12v water pump, fridge etc. Will I need to buy special VW interfaces to plug into cfcu or can I simply wire direct to second battery or perhaps factory fitted fuse box if fitted? Would i be better off to cancel factory fit second battery and just install my own electrics from scratch. Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

It depends how much your going to be using as the 2nd battery is limited to being agm at best. If you want to go Lithium at some point then your not be needing the 2nd battery. It really is down to you though to make that decision. If its just a heater, little fridge, light and phone charging for a weekend only then you should be ok with just the 2nd battery from factory.

It depends how much your going to be using as the 2nd battery is limited to being agm at best. If you want to go Lithium at some point then your not be needing the 2nd battery. It really is down to you though to make that decision. If its just a heater, little fridge, light and phone charging for a weekend only then you should be ok with just the 2nd battery from factory.
Thank you for prompt reply. Think I worded my post badly as I have just ordered single leisure battery factory installed. I was seeking information on how can I wire direct to it without having to purchase VW approved special interfaces. Does anyone know if the leisure battery has fuse box for such wiring or busbars?

Thank you for prompt reply. Think I worded my post badly as I have just ordered single leisure battery factory installed. I was seeking information on how can I wire direct to it without having to purchase VW approved special interfaces. Does anyone know if the leisure battery has fuse box for such wiring or busbars?
I've not got the factory leisure battery BUT I know its in the engine bay where as the van battery is under the passenger footwell. The fuse box is under the double passenger seat so I would suspect you would get an additional fuse in that location. Best to ask to see if the dealer has one on site you can have a nosey at or hopefully someone on here has it

Back