Wiring A Lwb Twin Slider Help With Routes

Farnorthsurfer

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Any suggestions for the best route from the underseat areas to the rear of the van appreciated?
It’s going in for the pop top next week and this is the last chance to run cables in the top channels.
I want mains and 12vdc to both sides near the wheel arches and can’t see a better option than right back to the D pillar and down and forward.
The floor is also going to be covered and bonded on so that’s out as well I think.
Thanks

Answered own question, thanks for looking
Finally managed to fish a leader from the roof loom down the C pillar and have now managed to get all of the cables down to the plastic panel ahead of the wheel arch, LWB only.
Now I know how to do it I can pass on my new found knowledge if anyone needs to know.
Wiring to units and rear of vehicle on LWB twin slider done, no holes drilled.

Answered own question, thanks for looking
Finally managed to fish a leader from the roof loom down the C pillar and have now managed to get all of the cables down to the plastic panel ahead of the wheel arch, LWB only.
Now I know how to do it I can pass on my new found knowledge if anyone needs to know.
Wiring to units and rear of vehicle on LWB twin slider done, no holes drilled.
Just about to do the same with my SWB Twin slider. How did you get the cables from the seat area to the top channels? (i.e. up the b-pillar). Did you route them up inside the b-pillar or on the outside of the b-pillar but behind the plastic trim? Thanks.

Just about to do the same with my SWB Twin slider. How did you get the cables from the seat area to the top channels? (i.e. up the b-pillar). Did you route them up inside the b-pillar or on the outside of the b-pillar but behind the plastic trim? Thanks.
If I recall correctly the B pillar loom is outside the pillar inside the plastic trim until above the seat belt where it goes inside before running into the roof loom. Makes sense to follow the VW loom where possible. After quite a bit of trying with done solid core wire I managed to drop the wiring down into the C pillar. On the LWB there is plastic panel by the floor where I came out. Not sure what you have on SWB.
I have run quite a lot of wire in there including 6mm twin core for the fridge so there is room. Just.

If I recall correctly the B pillar loom is outside the pillar inside the plastic trim until above the seat belt where it goes inside before running into the roof loom. Makes sense to follow the VW loom where possible. After quite a bit of trying with done solid core wire I managed to drop the wiring down into the C pillar. On the LWB there is plastic panel by the floor where I came out. Not sure what you have on SWB.
I have run quite a lot of wire in there including 6mm twin core for the fridge so there is room. Just.
That's great. That helps a lot. I will be trying to drop cables down the C pillar too but not sure about that plastic panel yet.

I did all the looms in the roof cavity before Jerba did the pop top and carpeting went in. Had a bit of a panic about the pop top drilling holes in the loom but there was plenty of clearance.
On the left hand side the solar cables go all the way from the back to the B pillar then down to the seat base.
I just looked back for photos but don’t seem to have any for the wiring looms

Back