Wiper query

Steved55

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi - recently had my wipers off the spindles to assist the guys who replaced my windscreen and wondering if I've put them on arse about. Nothing knocking or clunking on the window surround but ns wiper isn't cleaning on its outer and offside on its inner!
Is it possible toix them up or do I just need new wipers?
Anyone recommend a male or good deals going

ThanksIMG_20240303_144927271_HDR.jpg

Post in thread 'window wiper problemo' https://www.t6forum.com/threads/window-wiper-problemo.45815/post-609245

Maybe you did mix them up?

Most people seem to use Bosch twin aero blades. Certainly what I've got on all my cars and can't fault them. Will be putting a set on the van soon.
I always use the Bosch twin aero too - better than any others I have tried over the years. Bosch coat the rubber with something (we have a Bosch window vac too and it just glides across glass - they point out they use the same coating as with their wiper blades).
Got the wiper blades from Autobulbs direct who offer the ‘car specific’ fitting. Found the pre-fitted car specific adapter is lower profile than the ones in the universal kits (those where you get a fistful of plastic bits and choose the one that matches your wiper arms). Doesn’t make a huge difference on the van, although still nice, but on the golf the specific model does hide below the bonnet a lot better than the universal.

Is it also possible that the arms aren't quite seated properly on the spindles? But look like they're on? That might explain why only some bits aren't getting cleaned if they're not exactly perpendicular to the screen? Be worth looking at if new blades don't sort it.

Back