Winter's coming!!!

Pethew

Any advice on what to do with the unders slung water tank on my T6 Campavan for the winter ? Do I need to drain it , add somthing to it ? It’s the first year so no idea what to do with it . The vans used every week It that helps ..

Drain it would be safest and make sure the hoses are empty too a little water in the tank alone shouldn't harm

You should be emptying it after you finished anyway, not good to leave water in a tank that long especially if you use it for drinking. You get slime in the tank. You should also clean it every so often

You should be emptying it after you finished anyway, not good to leave water in a tank that long especially if you use it for drinking. You get slime in the tank. You should also clean it every so often
Many thanks , how would I clean it .?

Many thanks , how would I clean it .?
Having already bought some myself for this purpose I was going to suggest Milton fluid but I’ve since read that anything with a high chlorine content is bad for hot water systems and can corrode them. Apparently Aqua Sol is the thing to use.

Having already bought some myself for this purpose I was going to suggest Milton fluid but I’ve since read that anything with a high chlorine content is bad for hot water systems and can corrode them. Apparently Aqua Sol is the thing to use.
We use milton Tablets and never had a problem since we had a caravan which is over ten years.

Great will give Milton tablets a go .. not hot water system so shouldn’t be an issue ..

Sorry for the Game of Thrones tag , just thought it might get more views that way ..

This was one of the posts that has made me question Milton (I have a hot water system fed from fresh water tank so don’t want to risk it). Dont use milton in your fresh water tank!

So why do people use it to sterilise Baby's bottles, if it is OK for them should be OK for us. I think the Motorhome people are a little OTT with that. If there was a problem with Milton Tablets they it would not be safe to used on a Baby's bottle would it.
Fact is we use them in the Aqua roll and the fire the stuff through the system followed by clean water. The tanks are emptied when we leave the caravan anyway so we never store water in it why would I want to pull more weight than I need to. Never had the problem with the old Cali as we never put water in the Tanks. Why you leave water in it when your not using is seems stupid as it goes stagnant

So why do people use it to sterilise Baby's bottles, if it is OK for them should be OK for us. I think the Motorhome people are a little OTT with that. If there was a problem with Milton Tablets they it would not be safe to used on a Baby's bottle would it.
Fact is we use them in the Aqua roll and the fire the stuff through the system followed by clean water. The tanks are emptied when we leave the caravan anyway so we never store water in it why would I want to pull more weight than I need to. Never had the problem with the old Cali as we never put water in the Tanks. Why you leave water in it when your not using is seems stupid as it goes stagnant
Reading the link I posted above, I think the issue is with the chlorine corroding the steel and stainless steel in the hot water tanks/elements/tubes. As I said, I was all for using Milton and have a bottle ready but will not be doing so now.

As for leaving water in tanks, I'm with you 100% - we always empty our tank after each trip unless we are going to be using it again within a couple of days.

Its not a problem in the tank it works well but it will destroy a hot water element. I have hot water in my T6 which is pressurised. Switch on the pump and it will automatically go through the system. We use it in our aqua roll as well just to sterilise.

Back