Windscreen Breaking, The 4th In 3months T6

Rallyan

Is there issue on windscreens or is it just my bad luck 4th windscreen broken now stone chip?
It’s a heated screen but I think it’s very week been back to auto glass to complain not interested
£1000 in claims already I do high miles approx 2000 a week
Any one else had issues with them breaking

Touch wood it has not happened to mine but there is a thread on here somewhere about it mate. You're not the only one experiencing it.

I once owned a Ford Puma with a heated screen and I am sure that the glass was weaker or weakened by the heating element running through it. I went through about 3 screens in a couple of years. Very prone to chips then a crack would appear before I had chance to get it repaired.
Touch wood, the heated screen on my T6 seems ok so far but I am nervous about it....

There were lots of reports in the early days of the T6 regarding weak screens. So many folk suffered broken screens. It seemed as though a gnat farting was sufficient to break them.
Loads of windscreen related threads, this was the one with most posts.
Another cracked screen.

Mine has a great big crack in it too. It started right down the bottom under the wipers but I've not checked if there's a stone chip just seems unlikely as it is so low. It's gradually been getting longer and longer over the last couple of months

Thanks seems it’s a common issue with screens the original screen seem to last longer than the new ones fitted with Velcro it’s changed so much

Mine has a great big crack in it too. It started right down the bottom under the wipers but I've not checked if there's a stone chip just seems unlikely as it is so low. It's gradually been getting longer and longer over the last couple of months
Exactly the same for me!

Back