Windbreak

Pummer67

T6 Pro
What windbreak can people recommend I can get delivered before next Wednesday. I want quite a tall one ready for a festival. I forgot our old one which is a wooden pole one is broken. I'm thinking go away from wood because of the weather in England killing our outdoor furniture in our typical English weather.

Quechua from decathlon. Only one I found that's tall yet doesn't cost three figures. In fact for less than that you can have 3!

in the meantime . .

Amazon is your friend, next day delivery on Prime.

+

example :

1627117124737.png

I hear good things about jourmax windbreaks on a motorhome forum I'm on
An excellent Windbreak, but grass only, can't use them on hardstanding.

We have the Vision (?) with the mesh top, allows you to see out but still blocks almost all of even a strong wind.

I've got a Jormax windbreak and since owning it I haven't had to throw it in the campsite skip like I had to with the other crap cheap ones I bought :whistle:
And you only have to put it up once!!

I have a Kampa Pro.
Very sturdy but no good for beaches, needs to be on firm ground.
The only criticism I have is the plastic pegs it’s supplied with.

My only experience with a windbreak was where the neighbouring van at a festival put one up in stupidly high winds which then blew down and launched one of the poles like a javelin into the side of our (then new and pristine) van.

Mine is a 3 panel Isabella which is about 10 years old, I got it 2nd hand and its still perfect, plus no guide ropes to trip over. They are several hundred pounds, but like @Peatey said, it's not been thrown in a camp site skip like loads I've seen.

Lots of great suggestions. I think sometimes to spend more is less in the long run. We normally battle through the crappy english weather and all of our wood pole windbreaks seem to end up snapping.

Reactions: CAB
Back