Wind out awning with factory roof rails

tomd89

VIP Member
Hi,

I'm looking to fit a wind out awning to the side of my T6 (SWB Kombi, standard roof) but want to keep the factory roof rails if possible. Does anyone know if this is possible and which awning/bracket combination is needed? I've had a Fiamma F45s on a previous van with a pop top which I liked, but I don't mind trying one of the other brands (Dometic/Thule) if that's easier. A quick search shows some fitted with a Reimo Multirail - would this be an option and has anyone done this/got any photos? Would also be keen to know if adding an awning like this would add much to the overall height of the van?

Thanks!

Tom

Hi Tom

I’ve got exactly the same van and question, did you find a solution?

SWB T6.1 with VW roof rails, Thule awning and fiama brackets, atm the fiama brackets use the roof rail holes so I’ve just 1 roof rail - pants!

Hi Tom

I’ve got exactly the same van and question, did you find a solution?

SWB T6.1 with VW roof rails, Thule awning and fiama brackets, atm the fiama brackets use the roof rail holes so I’ve just 1 roof rail - pants!
Hi,

I went for the Thule awning with pop top brackets. They sit on the curve of the roof with a couple of riv nuts and some Sikaflex. Some photos attached.

887DF012-2A0E-489F-B209-F98AD6BE4080.jpeg

EAD1E76B-DAFE-44AD-8335-CBB287D1677A.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Back