Fitting additional 2+1 Seat Brackets further back?

borderlander

VIP Member
Hi there,
Hoping for some advice regarding 2+1 rear seats in my 2006 T5 Kombi (SWB).
I came across these images, (which I think are originally from the Exploria website, although they're no longer there) showing the 2+1 seat fitted slightly further back in the van.
b137f5c09f7d4687ede52f75e6a9bf21.jpgbf86270d921f724a931d5037677d3e21.jpg
They appear to show the seats with their front legs in the factory rearmost brackets, and then additional brackets for the rear legs. They don't appear to as far back as to be in the 3rd row locations.
Can anyone advise whether there are suitable mounting locations/dimples for this additional set of brackets, or whether Exploria will have had to do some kind of 'bodge' to fit the seats in this way?
(I understand there may be an implication for seatbelt position in this seat location, but the seats would not be occupied in this position whilst travelling so it's not of concern)
Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
These might help you get a feel for all standard fitment brackets on a LWB shuttle

Big issue for this set up is that the usual seat belts for these seats are no longer effective. However you know about that.

This is before I had extra 2 added on drivers side mid row
IMG_6804.jpeg
IMG_7365.jpeg

The single with belt has to have side plastic removed to avoid the shuttle plastics on drivers side.

IMG_6849.jpeg

From what I can see I don’t think you’ll have any issues - edited ; see further post.

I don’t have a twin mid row so cannot tell you if it would fit or not. If you were in Kent you’d be free to pop round and see if it fits.

If I’m near a friend with a twin I think i will see if it fits as this is about the third time something similar to this has come up and well I’d like to know myself.

Last edited:
I’ve just been out to mine to check something for you and try and move my single from mid row to rear row.

The brackets they have installed for the rear legs are (as you have suspected) NOT in the same location as a third row front leg bracket - they are approx 4 or 5 cm further forward than the standard third row.

I’m sure it isn’t too challenging to put them further forward although I’d be surprised if there were dimples there. Measure thrice drill once springs to mind.

Back