Why does bluetooth drop out?

Soundz

T6 Guru
Guys we have a sort of off grid camper leccy system.......230 AH gen 2 roamer battery victron energy blue smart Mppt BMV 712 orion TR smart pheonix 12 1200 ve direct......why does the whole shebang suddenly become unavailable.........then come back without me making any changes to the phone?

Is there a base reason this happens ? it isn't often it just bugs me it seems so random

many thanks for and thoughts

stu

it shouldn't / doesn't on mine.

id try a second phone / handset / tablet.

( but if you have the APP installed on multiple devices in range make sure the BT is turned OFF on the other devices to stop the units connecting to the wrong phone/tablet - Victron kit will show grey colour icon if discoverable, but already connected to a different device)

its most likely the phone that's the issue.

+++++++++++

fwiw - on my phone, sometimes if I've already been connected earlier in the day the Roamer and DC Home APP ( but not the victron ) wont see the devices.

the quick fix is to switch BT on the phone OFF/ON.

But the Victron kit is 99.9% available to connect.

+++++++++++

1664312086834.png

Also, its a possibility that you have something that is generating RFI (radio frequency interference ) that is wiping out the signal, a bit like LED fog lights that wipe out my DAB when they are on (reversing). Try removing any plug in chargers etc.

Back