solar charge controller for 250W panel

Soundz

T6 Guru
Guys my second flexi panel has gone fut ,I'm wondering about going bigger .say 250W at the mo my old panel 150W is running through a victron 75/15 smart solar charge controller. I have a fairly big off grid system 230AH roamer 12 12 30 orion B2B Bmv 712 monitoring it all bla de bla. If I go on line using calculators the recommendation seems to be victrons 100/20 charge controller

Incidentally my first question I've noted some smart solar 100/20 come with a little 48V logo . Am I right in saying that this controller can be used with 12 24 and 48V systems? I'd guess it just logs which voltage the battery isi on start up like the little 75/15 does.but I'm slightly concerned That 48 V logo means 48V only. It doesn't appear that way from the PDF manual,just lack of confidence haunts me so I'd love some confirmation from more learned folks.

Second Q One of the calculators leaned towards 100 30 and also I've seen kits with a 250W panel and a little 75/15 MPPT.....do I actually need to upgrade the charge controller... Voc of potential new panel 27.6 Isc 11.23A.

Thanks for reading I've preddy much been through every solar thread here in many ways so so want to go rigid for longevity but my leaning is we will stay flexi one more time. @Samro noted your notes about much better preformance with an oversize controller...I don't really want to step up to 100/30 as I'm using the load out put to top up van batt which seems to work really well so far

Finally here's an interesting vid on solar controller sizing...I love the intro :D :rofl: Ya know when sommit flies a zillion miles over ya head and your place in the world is catagorised as 4 cans short of a six pack;)

Thank you

stu

Back