Why are Forge wheel spacers so cheap in comparison to others?!

I suspect quality! H&R are considered to be a top of the range brand when it comes to running gear.

The cheap ones act like a big washer spacing the wheels off the hub. they need longer bolts (not supplied) to lash it all together. when fitting the wheels its a faff to line the spacer with the wheel and then both with the hub to get the bolts in.

The more expensive ones bolt on to the hub first, then provide new fixing holes on the outer side of the spacer your existing wheel bolts screw in to.

I personally wouldn't touch the cheap type

The cheap ones act like a big washer spacing the wheels off the hub. they need longer bolts (not supplied) to lash it all together. when fitting the wheels its a faff to line the spacer with the wheel and then both with the hub to get the bolts in.

The more expensive ones bolt on to the hub first, then provide new fixing holes on the outer side of the spacer your existing wheel bolts screw in to.

I personally wouldn't touch the cheap type
That's to do with width rather than quality of spacer. H&R do the 'cheap type' in anything below 25mm (iirc).
You can also get questionable quality versions of the bolt on type, which I definitely wouldn't touch, H&R for me for the bolt on type.

Forge ones are cheap because they're on sale!

I have a set of them, absolutely no issues with quality and fit (they're hubcentric).

The only thing I would mention is the OD of the spacer is slightly smaller than the disc 'bell' OD so can look a little odd......if you often gaze between the spokes of your wheels!

That's to do with width rather than quality of spacer. H&R do the 'cheap type' in anything below 25mm (iirc).
You can also get questionable quality versions of the bolt on type, which I definitely wouldn't touch, H&R for me for the bolt on type.
my point was the manufacturing process of 'the cheap type' is considerably less involved than the bolt on type, hence why they sell for a cheaper price. Additionally 'the cheap type' still require you to buy a new set of bolts, so the overall price is not quite as cheap as you would first think.

I've not purchased either brand, so couldn't comment on the quality of each.

The Forge ones in the link are 16 and 20mm. They don't have enough meat in them to countersink bolts to fix them to the hub, or receive the thread of the wheel bolts. Most bolt on or PCD adapter ones are at least 25mm thick.

Back