Who/what have you surprised in your 204?

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
No not a boy racer thread but keep a 204 in the power band and they are surprisingly nippy, especially with 4motion.

Yes they are a bit rolly in the bends but you just anticipate that and steer accordingly.

Definitely given a few cars a headache and plenty of vans.

Had a nippy drive behind a guy I know in a (fairly low power) 3 series Touring and spoke to him later that day; he couldn't believe how the Cali hung on.

You won't "win" in a drag race (!) but keep them stoked up and you have quite a handy back lane barge.

Change a few things around like suspension, bigger intercoolers, diesel pump etc and it will be even better

Had a Transvestite Custom try to undertake me getting onto the M1 slip road on Friday, very childishly I let him get slightly ahead, put dsg in manual dropped a couple of clogs and wellied it, I swear I could hear him straining as he willed his van to take up the challenge - epic fail!

Had a Transvestite Custom try to undertake me getting onto the M1 slip road on Friday, very childishly I let him get slightly ahead, put dsg in manual dropped a couple of clogs and wellied it, I swear I could hear him straining as he willed his van to take up the challenge - epic fail!
Hahaha!!

Had a few Transits try it on. All failed too!

I thought I was buying into the tranquil way of getting around Britains roads investing in a VW bus? If I wanted to kick backsides of the lights I'd go back to my RS and S quattro days. And I'm not talking about the 'soulous' RS and S badges stuck on the mass produced cars churned out by Audi today either.

It's not big and not cleaver lol but mine is great on the bends on country lanes and haven't been overtaken yet as can sit at 60 and see more of the road ahead to react quicker.

I thought I was buying into the tranquil way of getting around Britains roads investing in a VW bus? If I wanted to kick backsides of the lights I'd go back to my RS and S quattro days. And I'm not talking about the 'soulous' RS and S badges stuck on the mass produced cars churned out by Audi today either.

Well I can still do that in our M135i.
The 204 is nippy for a van and can occasionally surprise cars/vans. Nothing wrong with that.

But calling a van a bus....

Back