Where to get replacement injector pipes?

northanmonkey

Motorsport Technician
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello Guru’s
Having just bought an early T6. And from what I’ve learnt so far. It has a euro 5 CAAC engine (it’s a 140hp) which was also used in the T5?
Question is. I’ve scoured the tinterweb for replacement injector hp pipes ( mine are badly corroded) but I can’t find anyone listing them? GSF euro car parts etc etc?
I will be calling TPS on Monday. But does anyone of an alternative supplier???
Cheers
Monkey

I’m all for pattern parts in the right application but these are critical to both reliability and avoiding a burnt out van.
I’d be going for OEM parts - VW.

I doubt enough of these pipes get replaced to warrant anyone making patterns. I've never replaced any, and don't know anyone that has in several decades of motoring.
So go for VW, you know they will fit perfectly then!

Hello Guru’s
Having just bought an early T6. And from what I’ve learnt so far. It has a euro 5 CAAC engine (it’s a 140hp) which was also used in the T5?
Question is. I’ve scoured the tinterweb for replacement injector hp pipes ( mine are badly corroded) but I can’t find anyone listing them? GSF euro car parts etc etc?
I will be calling TPS on Monday. But does anyone of an alternative supplier???
Cheers
Monkey
Hi. Did you get round to doing this? I have the same cosmetic problem but it’s bothering me. :)

I have a mint set of used injector pipe on the work bench. But haven’t had chance to swap them yet.

Reactions: CJW
Do you mind me asking where you got them from, roughly how much they were and whether you anticipate it being a pain changing them over please?

I also have a 2016 EUR5 CAAC 140. I think we’re in the same boat.

Do you mind me asking where you got them from, roughly how much they were and whether you anticipate it being a pain changing them over please?

I also have a 2016 EUR5 CAAC 140. I think we’re in the same boat.
Found them on eBay for £45!
And they look mint! However. I am anticipating it could be troublesome job, as the old ones at heavily corroded and I’m concerned about debris contaminating the injectors? Also I’ll need to buy a decent pipe socket.

I’ll have a hunt on eBay. Yes, my concern was twofold - access and contamination. I found a vid of a mechanic changing the injectors and they used a lot of prep - brushed the area, vacuumed it, and wiped it down.

Does the fuel pressure drop to 1bar when the engine isn’t running? Does anybody know?

I’ll have a hunt on eBay. Yes, my concern was twofold - access and contamination. I found a vid of a mechanic changing the injectors and they used a lot of prep - brushed the area, vacuumed it, and wiped it down.

Does the fuel pressure drop to 1bar when the engine isn’t running? Does anybody know?
No but the volume is so small you won’t spill much.

Reactions: CJW
@northanmonkey - thought you might appreciate this bit of info:

Thought I’d have a go at rust remover on the pipes today, mainly to see if the pipe underneath looked like it was suffering. Took a few coats and a bit of agitation with a plastic scotch pad, but left hand side of the clip is how the right hand side started.

No visible pitting.

Since this line is pressurised I wonder if, when the engine is switched off and the fuel pressure drops, this causes it to cool, and attract moisture from the air.

It’s the only bit of my engine bay that is like that.

IMG_5092.jpeg

That’s so useful. This issue has always got on my nerves. I have a 140 CAAC EURO5 too and every mechanic I’ve spoken to has said not to bother changing them unless you need to.

I can see how it could be one of those jobs that you end up wishing you'd left well alone.

@northanmonkey - thought you might appreciate this bit of info:

Thought I’d have a go at rust remover on the pipes today, mainly to see if the pipe underneath looked like it was suffering. Took a few coats and a bit of agitation with a plastic scotch pad, but left hand side of the clip is how the right hand side started.

No visible pitting.

Since this line is pressurised I wonder if, when the engine is switched off and the fuel pressure drops, this causes it to cool, and attract moisture from the air.

It’s the only bit of my engine bay that is like that.

View attachment 212007

That looks like salt damage, either road salt, or the van is kept near the sea. The air can be salty several miles inland in some places! Intercooler braces are renowned for rusting away until the intercooler bursts.

That looks like salt damage, either road salt, or the van is kept near the sea. The air can be salty several miles inland in some places! Intercooler braces are renowned for rusting away until the intercooler bursts.
I tend to agree, my CAAC engine T6, same age, same engine, has injector pipes that look pretty near new and I've never done anything to them.

Could be road salt thrown up from vehicles in front. Highly possible.

Back