Wheel size advice

Stevehf2

As it says in the thread title.

I've just bought a T6 and the wheels feel a bit hesitant in the corners if I'm honest.
I traded my 2016 Transit Sport in for it which had bigger wheels on and was much more stable.
So I'm thinking of putting some larger wheels on but can't decide between 19 or 20's?
Will the speedo run correctly with either of these?
Will the fuel economy be effected?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Speedo will run correctly on either rim size, so long as you shoe them with the correct size rubber to keep the overall rolling radius the same.
Mpg is hardly a huge consequence in a 2.5 tonne van with the aerodynamics of a 3-bed semi. Expect around mid 30’s at best.
There are loads of threads on wheels and tyres, i’m sure they’ll give plenty of insight.

Reactions: .50
Hi I’ve ordered a t6.1 which size wheel will be best 19or20 inch I’m have bielstein b14 komfort coilovers fitted to van

@Stevehf2
I’m assuming when you say ‘hesitant’ that you mean vague or less sharp in the turn? If so, don’t got too wide for the rim or it will feel the same. It is common to stick 275’s on 8.5j on the front, but a 245 is a much better match in my opinion.
A 275 will also lead to rubbing issues the lower you go, if lowering is your plan.
245/45/20 on mine, the speedo under reads by 1-2 mph, so I do have to be aware.

Back