Wheel Nut Covers

I’m looking for some black 19mm wheel nut covers preferably including the locking nut cover, VW want extortionate money, any recommendations?

£20 full set . . . . EBay.

Hi, Just wondering if some one knows the best place to purchase the Black plastic wheel nut covers ?
The genuine type with the star nut cut out and Volkswagen stamped around its exposed outer.

19mm for the vans as oposed to 17mm for the cars,

Had my new black alloys fitted to day and the silver bolts look a bit bling,

Hi, Just wondering if some one knows the best place to purchase the Black plastic wheel nut covers ?
The genuine type with the star nut cut out and Volkswagen stamped around its exposed outer.

19mm for the vans as oposed to 17mm for the cars,

Had my new black alloys fitted to day and the silver bolts look a bit bling,

5 per wheel needed, not sure why they are sometimes sold as 4 off?

Last edited:
Because those that haven't binned their locking wheel bolts need a cover with round insides to them as opposed to hexagonal.

It depends what wheels and bolts you are using.

My black genuine caps fit my 19mm spanner size factory bolts and have what appears to be two part numbers in them
7H0601173 and 7L6601173A, all 20 are the same as they grip the bolt just below the hex and not the hex itself so it doesn't matter if the bolt is a factory locker.
Also be aware that the outside diameter of these are 31.5mm so depending on what wheels you have the bolt hole needs to be big enough to accept it. Some people fit 17mm spanner size bolts for this reason but then you need a different type of cap. If ordering through VW I think their caps are around £90 a set so make sure you know what you want before buying.

Regards

Thanks for the responses, as ever it’s never as easy as it first appears,

My wife has a Tiguan so I’ll pull one off there and see what part numbers are in there and if it does fit.

It’s got locking wheel bolts on it, so if I’m reading right it doesn’t require a different plastic cap ? The cap is the same for all whether lockers or normal, so a full set of 20 is required ?

Thanks again.

As I said above it depends what wheels and what make of bolt you are using, all of the above is from my factory setup.

I would've thought Tiguan bolts will be 17mm spanner size but it might give you the idea. The factory caps above are all round inside as they clip to the moulded shape of the factory bolt and not the hex head. A lot of after market caps grip the hex so potentially wont fit a locker.

Regards

bolts.jpeg

My factory caps look like this. The bolt however is from an H&R spacer kit but you can see how its the grey bit that grips the bolt and not the black bit on a hex head.

19mm
@Radford1071s is often selling spares such as these - here’s one of his adverts

Thanks again.

The bolts are factory, the wheels are also OEM factory VW alloys, albeit off an Amorok.
I’ve taken off the Devonports that came with the Kombi and swapped them for the VW Rocadura alloys, keeping everything factory to ensure I keep the build quality as intended.

The wheels I’ve seen fitted to a T6.1 and did have the black plastic covers,

The Tiguan I’m thinking has 17mm covers, but the Touareg has 19mm

I have OM’d @Radford1071s as above and fingers crossed

I’ll keep you posted

I’ve taken off the Devonports that came with the Kombi and swapped them for the VW Rocadura alloys, keeping everything factory to ensure I keep the build quality as intended.
Any chance of a side on photo of Rocadura's fitted?

Hi yes I can later, I’m not with the van now but will do over the weekend,

I’ve fitted General Grabber AT3 tyres
235 55 17
The wheels are 8 X 17 as oposed to the 7” devonports.
They don’t protrude outside of the body work and look great with the tyres.

Swapped the TPMS over

I was on a Disco 3 forum for about 8 years till about 2016 and there was a guy on there Called Moomin J that was one of the main contributors, in a good way ! Helpful and above all knowledgeable ! I traded a few parts with him over the years and met him at a few shows, some of the D3 guys…… myself included have moved on bought other vehs, for me the 3rd van since then,

I just wondered if it was you, clearly not.

I can’t remember asking the same question the other year but I’ll try not to ask again, I’ve had a bit of a Hiatus over the past 18 months after selling my last T6 but litterally just taken delivery of a new Kombi 6.1 T32

And have. Many questions,

Back