Wheel fell off! Identify this 18" alloy

meza

Hey everyone, can someone help identify this alloy wheel please?

The front passenger side wheel came loose and fell off! The inside of the wheel is scored and needs to be replaced - so ideally I'm looking for a single of the same type to replace it with.

Alternatively, a set of 18"s for sale in south Birmingham would be great - hit me up!

PHOTO-2023-11-28-21-58-11.jpg

IMG_3594 2.jpegIMG_3596 2.jpeg

You are very fortunate this didn’t cause a serious accident! Correctly toques wheel nuts should not come loose ! Any ideas why they came loose
?
Car wheels on a Van will almost certainly void any insurance unless of course they are correctly load rated

Car wheels on a Van will almost certainly void any insurance unless of course they are correctly load rated
I wondered about having Passat wheels on a van too. Perhaps the OP's wheels aren't the same as those in the link, it's just that they looked a very similar design.

Not an expert,but i would be looking at why it fell off!That would scare me to death!

Hey everyone, can someone help identify this alloy wheel please?

The front passenger side wheel came loose and fell off! The inside of the wheel is scored and needs to be replaced - so ideally I'm looking for a single of the same type to replace it with.

Alternatively, a set of 18"s for sale in south Birmingham would be great - hit me up!

View attachment 222555

View attachment 222554View attachment 222553

A photo of the rear of the wheel might help us identify it for you.

That's not the same wheel. It is a similar looking wheel, but it isn't the same.

I've seen this happen when the wrong wheel bolts have been fitted. The wheel didn't come off, the driver stopped when he felt a severe vibration. Turns out that tapered seat bolts had been fitted rather than radius seat. That's not to say it's definitely what has happened in this case, but it's possibly the same problem.

Reactions: Bav
Hmm a mate at work got some new wheels for his T5 and one also fell off, thank the lord also did not 'cause carnage, but also scared me witless................. This led to me pondering load rated wheels and bolts. None could ID my old set of wheels on the T5 forum ( which came fitted to my bus on purchase ......so being pragmatic we got some VW 18 inch sportline wheels that came with bolts, same supplier.

When one moves from a car to a van no one really tells ya about loadrated wheels and tyres ha or the speed limit shift.

for me posts like this that really make a new van owner think are why I'll always owe a debt to the T forum community

and yes one wheel failing as above would mean 4 replaced unless I could utterly say it was the bolts

Scary stuff cheers for sharing

stu

The wheels came on the van when I got it. The wheel bolts had come loose, as there were none to be found when the wheel fell off! It felt like I had a puncture, so I stopped and checked all the tyres (it was dark). Tyres seemed fine, so I carefully carried on to move the van somewhere safer and bang, off it came.

It's at the garage now having the hub replaced so bit tricky to get a photo of the back face of the wheel. They suspect the bolts - too short or wrong type perhaps.

Yeah that Passat wheel is similar, but not the same. I'll have to keep looking!

Reactions: CAB
More likely to be a 5x120 BMW wheel than a 5x112 Passat wheel for sure :rolleyes:
I was just about to post the same..

Apart from not being load rated, the centre bores are different sizes and the bolts have different seats.

The OP got off lightly and has hopefully learned a thing or two.

Back