What's Your Van's Name?

Currently, we have a bongo called Billy. When we get our veedub, he is going to be called Harvey the RV.
:inlove:

In relation to someone else on here who called their van Woody due to the reg plate.... my wee astra is called Woody cause the reg plate is MDF.
:D

Currently, we have a bongo called Billy. When we get our veedub, he is going to be called Harvey the RV.
:inlove:

In relation to someone else on here who called their van Woody due to the reg plate.... my wee astra is called Woody cause the reg plate is MDF.
:D
Fantastic choice of name for your new T6. Couldn't think of a nicer name myself.:geek:

IMG_0585.JPG

You do know I don't actually use that phrase in real life in 2019
I sadly do, I have referred to my daughter as “the babe” since she was a baby and still do - she’s now 30 :oops:

I’ve never given vehicles names but my granddaughter called my last car Bala, not after the place but because if I was taking her on a long journey I would put the iPad in front of her on the seat back so she could watch Balamory which was her favourite at the time. My current car she calls Yoda as she’s learning to read at the moment and realised that’s pretty much what the number plate spells. She calls the van Lightning McQueen because of the screen cover with eyes on it.

@Cherokee you've got a perfect name.... KES, as per the kestrel in the film... From your plate!. Or Billy after the kid in the film!? :geek:

.... I do not call it in any way ..... I know so much that it does not come ..

We've only just got our t6 but have been planning to get one for about two years, and have gone through many ideas as to what we wanted to do with it and what type was ideal. All along i wanted a tailgate version among many other things but always said i would compromise depending on the price. Any way we ended up with a barn door version so decided to call it barnie and it's kinda stuck for now :)

Polly. Our boys are called Alfie and Tommy so we thought we’d stick with the Peakey Blinders theme, even though it was never originally planned.

Bruce
No idea why, my daughter announced the name on the way home today. I asked why Bruce, the reply of course, it's a good name.......
It's a red kombi.

Endeavour
it's an "exploratory ship"
also largest thing I ever drove (LWB)

- not named after inspector Morse first name (weird first name!?!) nor the Ford car
- named after the ship that discover Australia
- named after the most modern/successful space shuttle (didn't fail, went further and did the most impressive things: Hubble rescue for example)

I liked the definitions in wikitionary:
- A sincere attempt; a determined or assiduous effort towards a specific goal.
- Enterprise; assiduous or persistent activity.
- partially translating Middle French (se mettre) en devoir (de faire) (“(to make it) one's duty (to do), to endeavour (to do)”) (from Old French devoir, deveir (“duty”)).

I know, "it's just a van..."

Back