What's your dream car?

Italian is beautiful to look at and unfortunately that’s what you could be doing most of the time they can be a bit temperamental and unreliable for my kind of liking mainly electrics
Too true :)

Each car is built to the owner's spec, the price depends on how you spec it but prices start at £95K +VAT, sadly, Mrs D doesn't share my enthusiasm!

They're not restored Fords, they're brand new cars, hence they're not allowed to use the Ford badge.
Yeah, I read they were brand new - that would be awesome to have the look of an original, but with modern performance levels. Obviously the price tag is far from "original" :eek:

I have to admit, when the MkII first came out, I wasn't a fan - I much preferred the MkI - though I do look at them with much more affection now.

@Bav that was a bit flippant when I posted it but you got me thinking and when i was younger I would probably have said some sort of classic american muscle car restored to show condition. But I use my van for work and family and to be honest for most of my working life a brand new Transporter was out of reach. This is the first time we’ve been in the position to buy the exact spec of van we wanted. So (and I’m not sure if it’s a bit sad or really good) I can honestly say that at the moment I own my dream vehicle!
I hear you and, of course, context is everything when making your choice. :) (not sad at all, btw :thumbsup:)

@Bav that was a bit flippant when I posted it but you got me thinking and when i was younger I would probably have said some sort of classic american muscle car restored to show condition. But I use my van for work and family and to be honest for most of my working life a brand new Transporter was out of reach. This is the first time we’ve been in the position to buy the exact spec of van we wanted. So (and I’m not sure if it’s a bit sad or really good) I can honestly say that at the moment I own my dream vehicle!
Couldn’t of put it better myself I say the same to my Mrs I always wanted one but never in a position to buy before! I use it everyday for work plus the weekends for family what more can you ask for

Couldn’t of put it better myself I say the same to my Mrs I always wanted one but never in a position to buy before! I use it everyday for work plus the weekends for family what more can you ask for
Given that we're on the T6 forum, it would be bizarre if Transporters didn't figure in this conversation. You could almost predict that everyone would call out with their dream vehicle - representing a large assortment of diverse vehicles - and then we all tend towards agreement that we all like our vans... a lot (so much so, we each bought one). It's a form of reverse entropy - chaos descending into order.

I just hope that when I get mine (yup - I've never actually owned one yet) that I feel the same. If not, I might be selling it and buying that Alfa on Autotrader. :rofl:

Not necessarily my dream car as they're not terribly reliable but plenty to choose from:-

20180117_100732_001.jpg

20180115_140409.jpg

This was at a place where I carried out remedial work following an EICR, they restore owners cars in about three linked buildings. No burglar alarm or fire alarm system and including at least 15 early DBs from 2 through to a couple of DBSs they had a Zagato bodied DB4 and a Ferrari GT250... bonkers risk takers.

Last edited:
Not necessarily my dream car as they're not terribly reliable but plenty to choose from:-

View attachment 158457

View attachment 158461

This was at a place where I carried out remedial work following an EICR, they restore owners cars in about three linked buildings. No burglar alarm or fire alarm system and including at least 15 early DBs from 2 through to a couple of DBSs they had a Zagato bodied DB4 and a Ferrari GT250... bonkers risk takers.
I think I may be a bit of an oddball - of all the desirable metal in those pics, it's FIAT that does it for me. :confused::oops:o_O:inlove:

Very, very impressive, - a technical tour de force - but perhaps more in the realms of a fantasy car than a dream car (i.e. it's not just out of reach, it is totally unobtainable).

Reactions: AKG
Im lucky to have owned a few cool olders stuff that is attainable. As above there are quite a few dream/lottery win cars I would have.

If we are looking at dream as in relatively attainable I have 2 at the moment, a 996 Mk2 Gt3 in Cobalt blue or a Lancia Delta Integrale Evo in Lagos Blue.

3532184188_b87f3a0043_c.jpg

porsche-911-gt3-996-gt3-S4353346-5.jpg

T6.1 4motion with New RS6 engine fitted and everything removed so it can breathe followed by the mapping gods Darkside Developments , repaint in ford cosworth colour moonstone or oak green metallic old school mk1 golf colour? I'll keep dreaming!

Im lucky to have owned a few cool olders stuff that is attainable. As above there are quite a few dream/lottery win cars I would have.

If we are looking at dream as in relatively attainable I have 2 at the moment, a 996 Mk2 Gt3 in Cobalt blue or a Lancia Delta Integrale Evo in Lagos Blue.

View attachment 160440

View attachment 160441
Go to agree that the Lancia is one good-looking car, though you might have to settle for a 2-tone colour scheme - cobalt blue and rust brown :D

Back