What's your dream car?

I’ve been lucky enough to drive some fabulous vehicles in my time, so it might come as a surprise for me to say that my dream car is a motorcycle. Cars just don’t do it for me anymore.

Crafter camper and a Honda Jazz are the staple 4 wheeled vehicles, and I’m happy with that.

My dream motorcycle is hopefully being delivered at the end of the month, fingers crossed that nowt goes wrong as it’s taken 2 years to persuade/agree/organise and hopefully import so I hope that it all comes off.

It’s been in a private collection for nearly 35 years and has just been fully restored exactly as original with only 17k miles on the clock.
I accept that it might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but this old and increasingly rare bevel head certainly floats my boat.

1974 Ducati 750 Sport

F11499A6-51D1-4CC8-B6A7-872EFE9506BD.jpeg

I’ve been lucky enough to drive some fabulous vehicles in my time, so it might come as a surprise for me to say that my dream car is a motorcycle. Cars just don’t do it for me anymore.

Crafter camper and a Honda Jazz are the staple 4 wheeled vehicles, and I’m happy with that.

My dream motorcycle is hopefully being delivered at the end of the month, fingers crossed that nowt goes wrong as it’s taken 2 years to persuade/agree/organise and hopefully import so I hope that it all comes off.

It’s been in a private collection for nearly 35 years and has just been fully restored exactly as original with only 17k miles on the clock.
I accept that it might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but this old and increasingly rare bevel head certainly floats my boat.

1974 Ducati 750 Sport

View attachment 160469
I see you have a thing for retro Italian motors too :D

I've just come across this thread, and though I can't really pin down a ultimate car, I just realised how lucky I was to drive the first two cars on here, the 250 and the Spider. The 250 was an absolute pig to drive, but I drove the Spider through the hills of northern Italy and didn't stop smiling for about a week.

I drove the Spider through the hills of northern Italy and didn't stop smiling for about a week.
I realise that jealousy is never a good look, but I have to say: you lucky, lucky b*****d!!

Last edited:

1974 Ducati 750 Sport

View attachment 160469
Did your Ducati materialise @Oldrat?

Gorgeous! I see no plates - have you not been out on her yet?
Thank you.

It’s pristine.

Not ridden it yet, still to do the NOVA process. It’s off having an engineers report/ valuation first.

Reactions: Bav
Something a bit different.....

View attachment 158444

I‘m not a fan of super cars and anything older than 1960 shouldn’t exist. So I always say my dream car would actually be several ‘cheaper’ cars than one Ferrari or Lamborghini costing hundreds of thousands of pounds…..

In no particular order -

Ford Mustang V8 (new shape) - £38k
Transporter Kombi DSG (got) - £35k
Split screen VW panel van - £20k
LWB Crafter converted camper - £35k
Mini GP3 - £35k
early Defender 90 - £30k
MST Mk2 in ‘saaarf London‘ spec - £100k

7 vehicles totalling about £300k - much more fun than one super car but would need a large driveway :whistle:

ETA - oh, and if I needed something to pop to the shops in and had a spare few quid, an Ioniq 5 N….

7C790F22-FC9C-4B09-BB6D-19276E30EC74.jpeg

Last edited:
I used to be able to real off a list of cars I'd buy with a lottery win, but now I haven't got a clue. My problem is that if I have something really nice, I don't want to use it. So with that in mind and my teenage car of dreams was a S1 RS Turbo, it would have to be Diana's black one. Recently sold as well.

I’m lucky enough to have my ‘real world’ dream car. Although it is angry little devil. A bit like driving an arguement ! And bloody noisy but I love it
Cheers Guys
That Alfa looks very pretty but having driven one a couple of times I'm not sure I could live with one. I also had a Brera not long after they came out - during that relatively short time, it was both one the best and worse cars that I've ever had. When it worked properly, it was fantastic (apart from bits of trim falling apart) but when it didn't (which was often) it was a complete and utter POS. Mind you, it always looked absolutely beautiful cleaned and polished and you could almost have forgiven it (but only almost!).

Could do my own thread on this, I've got problems, I nearly bought an FIA approved BMW 2002 as a family car :whistle:

In no particular order some cars that I'd like...

Early 70s Alfa GT, which I'd tweak, alfaholics wheels are mandatory.

A late 60s 911T long hood which I'd hot rod.

A 1930s Bentley Brooklands which I'd take on the trials around Europe.

An RX-7 FD3 in black, keep standardish, need own petrol station too.

A 964 RS NGT, just because they are so hardcore and simple.

I like plain analogue cars, other than the rotary I love NA engines. I tried some turbo cars in the past and I didn't enjoy them as much.

Could do my own thread on this, I've got problems, I nearly bought an FIA approved BMW 2002 as a family car :whistle:

In no particular order some cars that I'd like...

Early 70s Alfa GT, which I'd tweak, alfaholics wheels are mandatory.

A late 60s 911T long hood which I'd hot rod.

A 1930s Bentley Brooklands which I'd take on the trials around Europe.

An RX-7 FD3 in black, keep standardish, need own petrol station too.

A 964 RS NGT, just because they are so hardcore and simple.

I like plain analogue cars, other than the rotary I love NA engines. I tried some turbo cars in the past and I didn't enjoy them as much.
And if you had to choose just one?

Back