What's that clicking/knocking?

109LWB

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Weird one.
We spent the night in the van in Wales. As someone who usually has to wear earplugs to sleep, I notice every little noise when I don't.
However this time, even my wife noticed.

It was a small knock, like someone lightly tapping Thier finger on the bonnet.

It was regular and lasted all night. It was usualy one tap, followed maybe 30 seconds later by two.
I was awake much all night because of it!

Im guessing it was a relay or something but really not sure why it would continue all night.

Van was locked and key out. It was cold and had been sat in the same spot for at least 5 hours previous.
Nothing in the van, it's just a plain panel van. No diesel heater or water pump, no extra electrics or anything else.

Did you have a pop top up? My t5 used to drip dew/ condensation from the roof onto the back bumper which in the night is like drum!

Did you have a pop top up? My t5 used to drip dew/ condensation from the roof onto the back bumper which in the night is like drum!
Nope, just a plain bog standard panel van.
It definitely wasn't a drip, way to consistent. Im a drummer, have been for over 30 years. Patterns and rhythm are inbuilt into me and I can tell when something is a random drip or when something is a repeatable pattern.
This was coming from the front left somewhere, hence my thinking it was a relay or similar clicking.

Weird one.
We spent the night in the van in Wales. As someone who usually has to wear earplugs to sleep, I notice every little noise when I don't.
However this time, even my wife noticed.

It was a small knock, like someone lightly tapping Thier finger on the bonnet.

It was regular and lasted all night. It was usualy one tap, followed maybe 30 seconds later by two.
I was awake much all night because of it!

Im guessing it was a relay or something but really not sure why it would continue all night.

Van was locked and key out. It was cold and had been sat in the same spot for at least 5 hours previous.
Nothing in the van, it's just a plain panel van. No diesel heater or water pump, no extra electrics or anything else.
Would it be worth disconnecting the battery when you get home and sit inside to see if the noise continues?

Would it be worth disconnecting the battery when you get home and sit inside to see if the noise continues?
Yeah maybe. Probably won’t hear it here, as although it’s very quiet where we live, it’s not on the side of a mountain in the middle of wales at night quiet!

I suspect it will get drowned out with the fridge and night heater and other stuff once it all gets fitted.

True but no harm I trying.

Back