What's Happening.....new to the forum!

Plans? Work van, day van, full camper conversion?
Gonna be my daily driver. First mods most likely wheels and lowering springs so brace yourself :rofl: Can't really decide from 18-20", love the 20" look obviously but how they are to live with daily I don't know. Headlights, Grille, glass for all the rear doors then carpet I guess and so on :cool:

Gonna be my daily driver. First mods most likely wheels and lowering springs so brace yourself :rofl: Can't really decide from 18-20", love the 20" look obviously but how they are to live with daily I don't know. Headlights, Grille, glass for all the rear doors then carpet I guess and so on :cool:
If you like the look of 20’s then put 20’s on and get the suspension sorted.
I’ve done over 20k on 20’s and when I put my 17” Devonports back on for last summer the ride was noticeably worse. They have a harder (109) sidewall and a higher pressure. Mine is my daily driver too.58B82C5F-4957-4811-8571-3B42245AE996.jpeg

If you like the look of 20’s then put 20’s on and get the suspension sorted.
I’ve done over 20k on 20’s and when I put my 17” Devonports back on for last summer the ride was noticeably worse. They have a harder (109) sidewall and a higher pressure. Mine is my daily driver too.View attachment 195662
Ok i'm sold, not that i needed much convincing. I don't really want to be shelling out for full suspension upgrade just yet, what did you upgrade, springs or dampers too? I'm comtemplating maybe 50mm springs. Looking at wheels at the moment T6 specific so is there a perfect tyre size for 20's and does it affect the speedo? Beautiful van you have, mine is black but going for a similar look, albeit stealth! Cheers

It’s time to search away on the forum. This topic has loads of ‘discussion’
I went to CRS and had Koni dampers with H&R springs.
My wheels are Leighton LV1 with 245/45/20 front and 275/40/20 rear. Although many fit 275 on the front as standard they are too wide for 8.5j wheels.
I think if you combine 20’s with shorter springs and the original shocks then you risk losing your fillings.

That's the worry, really don't want to mess up the ride so might have to spend a bit of time re suspension + 20's then! Been browsing on here a bit about wheels and tyres, will dig deeper on suspension too. 275 quite a wide section but would definitely look the dogs. Are your wheels same size all round and did you bother with spacers on the rear?

That's the worry, really don't want to mess up the ride so might have to spend a bit of time re suspension + 20's then! Been browsing on here a bit about wheels and tyres, will dig deeper on suspension too. 275 quite a wide section but would definitely look the dogs. Are your wheels same size all round and did you bother with spacers on the rear?
No, fronts are 8.5 and rears are 10 hence the different tyre widths.

I’ve been running the 17” Devonports since last July and on a lowered van they look fine. Only put the 20’s back on at the start of April. 18’s will be fine when you lower it and get them to sit right. There’s plenty of threads on 18” wheels on the forum.56F79351-DB43-4F88-8304-E026AD05DFF3.jpeg

Back