What would you upgrade first?

Saw the Horizon pop to at Camper Jam S&S area with its bifold bed, scenic removable canvas and extra height. Sorely tempted to upgrade in an orange wrap

Reactions: Bav
the only thing i wish i'd done earlier (and i wish i'd done it ALOT earlier) is the suspension.
makes such a difference to the pleasure of driving it.

Suspension for better handling.
Wider wheels for better cornering.
Awning because it's summer when you will use it most.
Remap for smoother acceleration.
Speakers and door sound proofing.
Side bars and flaps.
Lights because it's summer and you wont use them much yet.
I wouldn't even do front sensors because I have eyes.
This, suspension and wheels are always a popular upgrade:thumbsup:

The Venter trailer company is not too far away so I could not resist having a look. If they do them in black it would be a nice match for the Van:)

IMG_4047.jpeg

IMG_4045.jpeg

IMG_4046.jpeg

The Venter trailer company is not too far away so I could not resist having a look. If they do them in black it would be a nice match for the Van:)

View attachment 207912

View attachment 207913

View attachment 207914
You could always wrap it in Black ?

It may be worth looking at the used prices as some trailers don’t lose money. My 2020 Debon just sold for more than I paid. So 3 years use for free.

It may be worth looking at the used prices as some trailers don’t lose money. My 2020 Debon just sold for more than I paid. So 3 years use for free.
i think your right particularly if i intend to respray it. saw a fabulous green Dub with matching trailer coming back from South Wales last week which gave me the idea. Now where is the piggy bank?

I've got a 2015 T6 T28 Trendline Bluemotion (ex panel van) 5 speed (late T5.1 engine)

The van was converted to a camper sometime in 2017/18. It has an underslung gas tank and gas heating. Hob, sink, grill, fridge, pop top. Two captain’s chairs. Leisure battery and 250W solar panel that also charges the leisure battery and trickle charges the main battery. Towbar. As a camper there is little I want to do to it.

The van is otherwise basically stock. 16” steel wheels. Stock suspension. Stock power 102ps 75kw. Nothing has been done to upgrade either the aesthetics or performance.

I could… do all sorts of things to it, subject to budget:
- Remap power
- Bigger/wider wheels
- Suspension, it’s not awesome on corners and it’s hard on bumps until it’s loaded
- Various things like side bars or mud flaps
- Awnings
- Better speakers or even just some speakers for the rear of the van
- Headlights upgrade
- Front parking sensors
- The list goes on and on

What would you do first and why?
Its probably too late now, but I'd avoid the remap like the plague.
In 25 years I've never had one. But I've seen hundreds of people asking if they can sue after their engines have gone bang.
Literally hundreds.

Whats your thinking on the remap? Are you trying to break the land speed record for a transporter loaded up to go on holiday?
Or is it just because its 'cool' and everyones talking about it in forums.

Frankly, remap / rolling road centres have big signs up with disclaimers on for a reason.
I wouldn't bother.....others would disagree. Its your risk and you thats got to pay for a new engine. So good luck and fingers crossed.

Loads of threads on here about exploding engines...have a read first.

Think I would want the bike rack black too. They are great looking trailers but expensive start at £3k
I had my van sprayed with raptor bed liner.
I wanted a black, hard-wearing surface that was tough and durable.
I've had rocks bounce off it, stones, hedges scrape it etc and it just washes off no problem
Did it 5 years ago and still looks like new.
But im ok with that look, im not precious about a spanky, Shiney van. Thats not for everyone

Back