What to ask and look for?

Dickie

VIP Member
hello all, it's the usual here, I am a newbie just about to buy a T6, not in the brand new gang, I've done the usual I started of with a budget then saw a nice van so upped the budget, then saw a nicer van so upped the budget, then saw a nicer van so upped the budget. Even started looking as a new van but as the other half pointed out, that money is in the range of a large deposit on a house or a loft conversion, Oops.
I am looking at year old T6 kombi Highline euro5 140 T30. when viewing or buying what showed I be looking out for?? Any advice would be great as I don't like spending money and am just about to spend loads (for me) and then when we have the van spend loads more changing it aggh
Cheees all

I bought the same thing in October last year.
Who is selling? VW dealer, independent dealer, private?
There shouldn't be anything specific to look for in a vehicle that's only 1 year old - so just the usual stuff of regular servicing, making sure that it hasn't been abused and that all necessary work has been done. I'd want to know who the previous owner was and what they used the vehicle for as well.
Make sure you get an HPI check as well.

Your welcome, just be sure of your steps.. Vw T's are a cult thing, as like all cult things, people with alterior motives are in the mix as well a good guys.. :thumbsup: Sad fact of life nowadays.. Be VERY wary of scams on eBay, where. Some organisation holds the money as a third party! It is normally a con!

Stick to the essentials; ignore the daft (IMO) van chavving scene.
I would like to improve the ride, after all it is a van with a large payload. Was thinking different wheels and springs? Maybe a spoiler and carpet the inside, that should be it for now. Maybe

Hello all, van is mine (or our) depends who you ask me or the misses. Or maybe it's the bank managers

Hello all, van is mine (or our) depends who you ask me or the misses. Or maybe it's the bank managers
Well done matey. I hope you enjoy every single moment of it. You got pics?

Back