What Side Bars And Rear Bumper Protector?

Apretext

Edition Kombi 150PS
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Finally got the van, and the first thing is to protect the paintwork (that's tomorrow's job), and then add side bars (black) and a rear bumper protector.

So, are they all much of a muchness, or are some better than others? I'd like the bars to be black to match the rest of the details, and the protector in either black, or maybe carbon?

Any recommendations? One's to avoid?

Ta!

Avoid the genuine VW they are crap mine where rusty by 16 months and good old VW give me he spin it was stone chips! £500 I’ll never get back :(

I think the only reason I’d go for the genuine vw ones is to get the lights in them, which I’m not hugely bothered by. And they are very spendy...

Don’t think you can get the current style sportline bars in black they are silver only so would have to be powder coated

I got VW black ones fitted to my van from new - they went rusty after 10 months. I got sent a replacement set that I'm not going to fit, but it seems I can't even give them away!

I got VW black ones fitted to my van from new - they went rusty after 10 months. I got sent a replacement set that I'm not going to fit, but it seems I can't even give them away!

Not even worth stripping, zinc plating and repowdercoating?

How much do you want for them ?

Avoid the genuine VW they are crap mine where rusty by 16 months

I much prefer the angular genuine VW trapezoid bars on a T6. Matches the sharp look.

Don't know about the black ones but the shiny ones are polished stainless steel so not sure how they go rusty? And no signs of problems on our 2 year old bars.

Are they lwb,im interested and in manchester?..

Last edited:
Can they be powder coated or would they rust again ?

I think the problem (not having seen any of them mind), is just powdercoating them, not zinc plating, then powdercoating. So if any of the powdercoating gets scratched, they'll just rust. Hence my suggestion that they are stripped back to bare metal then zinc plated, prior to powdercoating. That way, when they get scratched or chipped, the corrosion won't spread (hopefully!).

So, back to the original question, anyone any ideas who makes them properly? :p

Back