What are your best ‘Cool’ mods you’ve done

JaySal

T6 Pro
So I was thinking today how many others have crazy mods for their Vans....

.... and what is mildly crazy to down right bonkers ...

Any one put underfloor heating?

Or a wood burner in?

What about shower tray and curtain... or even a bath?

A few years ago someone wanting to unzip their canvas pop top would of been considered a loon..

Today’s mad thought for me... Oak floor, yeah...

Shower tray and curtain in mine. Not a crazy mod by me though, came like that new.

Seen a wood burner in a T4 but no newer VWs. Seen loads in Ducatos and Sprinters though.

Evening!

Looking for a bit of inspiration for what you would consider ‘Cool’ or unique mods you’ve done to your vans which stand out as something different!

I’ve seen a few things, as below, so far that I’m wanting to do but I’m sure there are many more so would be keen on your ideas too :)

Miniature USB pop out chargers
Non-Slip covering in the centre part of the top of the dashboard
W8 Interior Light mod (on its way thanks to @saxoboy
Footwell lighting kit also been installed.
USB chargers in B pillars

What else is out there that’s different:)

Mike

I’ll be fitting puddle lights in the mirrors and I like the genuine VW mood lights in the door pockets. Speaker upgrade from Skipton Car Radio, and have a look at Project T6 on Facebook. They’ve got virtual dash upgrade, Tiguan DSG lever upgrade, blind spot warning and other stuff

Evening!

Looking for a bit of inspiration for what you would consider ‘Cool’ or unique mods you’ve done to your vans which stand out as something different!

I’ve seen a few things, as below, so far that I’m wanting to do but I’m sure there are many more so would be keen on your ideas too :)

Miniature USB pop out chargers
Non-Slip covering in the centre part of the top of the dashboard
W8 Interior Light mod (on its way thanks to @saxoboy
Footwell lighting kit also been installed.
USB chargers in B pillars

What else is out there that’s different:)

Mike
I like the sound of miniature usb chargers
Any pics out there

I’ll be fitting puddle lights in the mirrors and I like the genuine VW mood lights in the door pockets. Speaker upgrade from Skipton Car Radio, and have a look at Project T6 on Facebook. They’ve got virtual dash upgrade, Tiguan DSG lever upgrade, blind spot warning and other stuff
@RayF do you have a link to the virtual dash upgrade mate?

Last edited:
I forgot to mention Project T6 has also started doing Haptic Touch sensitive buttons for the steering wheel

Have not done it yet but I might get one those Rokk wireless phone charge bases...

@RayF - Thanks i'll check out T6 Project, sounds interesting! I've done the Skipton Audio Front Speakers (worth the money!) and not ventured towards puddle lights yet....... but mainly because i've now put all my door cards back together :D

@Pete C / @TC64 , not fitted them yet but got my eye on these Miniature Pop-Up Dual USB Charger - See Switches but will also need 12v to 5v mini inverters from Amazon (about £7 each). Spotted this mod on a Facebook forum and the chap had them coming out of his rear side panels next to a R&R bed. Looked smart and functional.

@Texxaco - Fake rear windows are on my 'to-do' list i think..... was on the fence about them but i think this is what moves a Van to a Camper visually.

:thumbsup:

Back